Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ALL KIMI F1 FANs....

To all F1 fan out there,

where is Kimi Raikkonen (ice man) gonna go next year:

Ferrari or Renault?

Schumi announces his retirement at Monza: Kimi --> Ferrari

Schumi continues for another year or two: Kimi --> Renault

There are also rumors that Alonso wants to buy himself out of the McLaren contract and stay with Renault, in which case there would be a Kimi/Alonso Team at Renault, but thats pretty unlikely....

Well, with Michael looking ever likely to stay at Ferrari for another year I can't see Kimi wanting to go there. So just leaves Renault I'd say. But he's gonna have to accept a pay-cut if he joins them (which I think he would be willing to do in order to continue his career in F1, surely?).
    Unless of course Alonso does a Button and changes his mind lol!

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Booga:
    Well, with Michael looking ever likely to stay at Ferrari for another year I can't see Kimi wanting to go there. So just leaves Renault I'd say. But he's gonna have to accept a pay-cut if he joins them (which I think he would be willing to do in order to continue his career in F1, surely?).
    Unless of course Alonso does a Button and changes his mind lol!

B.
    I think Michael's gonna stay but why would you say Kimi will need a pay cut to go to Renault? If he ever decide to go there? Thought Renault is a cash rich top team........

Quote Originally Posted by chilli:
    Schumi announces his retirement at Monza: Kimi --> Ferrari

Schumi continues for another year or two: Kimi --> Renault

There are also rumors that Alonso wants to buy himself out of the McLaren contract and stay with Renault, in which case there would be a Kimi/Alonso Team at Renault, but thats pretty unlikely....

Kimi/ Alonso in Renault....erm, na....

Quote Originally Posted by cargouk:
    I think Michael's gonna stay but why would you say Kimi will need a pay cut to go to Renault? If he ever decide to go there? Thought Renault is a cash rich top team........
    Cos Renault are well known for not paying their drivers highly, though usually this is because they prefer to nurture young talent. So yes, I guess they might want to make an exception if they wish to secure Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by cargouk:
    Kimi/ Alonso in Renault....erm, na....
    Theren is a very small chance that might actually happen. Alonso acted a bit to hastly signing a new contract with McLaren....now he sees thats McLaren isnt going anyway in terms of performance...thats also the reason why Kimi is leaving....so and when Schumi stays in F1 and Alonso has a legal way of buying himself out of the contract, the duo Kimi/Alonso is more likely than the duo Schumi/Kimi....

...actually I just read that there is only one cockpit free at Renault as Fisichella already extended his contract...

i am also surprised that Alonso signed his way out of renault so early. I think Schumi has a good chance at the title this year which, if it happens, means he will stay another season for sure. It is a shame that he wont move team to try and test himself as a driver as opposed to a mechanics tool (look what happened to Rubens and Massa conversely) but he never will.
    Whatever happens Kimi is going to be the biggest loser amongst the drivers and Maclaren will be the biggest losers as far as teams go.
    I hope to see Red Bull make a bit of hay while the other teams are trying to find their feet. I foresee them winning races in the next few seasons- they have the Renault/Benetton attitude of old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    i am also surprised that Alonso signed his way out of renault so early. I think Schumi has a good chance at the title this year which, if it happens, means he will stay another season for sure. It is a shame that he wont move team to try and test himself as a driver as opposed to a mechanics tool (look what happened to Rubens and Massa conversely) but he never will.
    Whatever happens Kimi is going to be the biggest loser amongst the drivers and Maclaren will be the biggest losers as far as teams go.
    I hope to see Red Bull make a bit of hay while the other teams are trying to find their feet. I foresee them winning races in the next few seasons- they have the Renault/Benetton attitude of old.
    I see Red Bull making it big too, in the near future.And they will need good drivers!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast