Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

Electronic Cigarettes

Closed Thread

Electronic Cigarettes

Hey, am trying my best to quit smoking and I just read some interesting stuff about electronic cigarettes, sound like they could be just the thing.

But it seems that they're illegal in HK? Just tried to order a US brand but they won't ship here cos of some legislation and raids on HK retailers selling them?

Anyone know anything about them? I heard that there are some Chinese brands that are a bit dodgy and might have harmful chemicals in them, which is why I wanted the American ones.

Noah

They are illegal in Hong Kong, being unlicensed pharmaceuticals.

Alert issued on electronic cigarettes

NAFSM likes this.

Interesting. So technically buying one on my next trip to the UK and bringing it here could land me two years in jail? ! Scary.

Kind of weird since the only pharmaceutical they contain is nicotine, given that normal fags are perfectly legal! I wonder if there's a tobacco lobby subtext here, or a government keen to protect a nice souce of tax revenue....

You don't actually have to put the nicotine cartridges in them, the makers sell them with zero nictone ones that just give you the vapour smoking experience- wonder if local retainers will be able to get round it by selling the device and sending you off to Watsons for a pack of Nicorette to chew alongside..

Cheers HKF. so you reckon the Chinese ones are OK then? Do you buy in Lo Wu comm centre?

Interesting point maybe someone can enlighten me. In the UK & Gibraltar you can get the one with nicotine cartridges but in Spain you can only buy the ones without nicotine in the cartridges.

When the guys stock was confiscated in 2009 shouldn't they have only confiscated the cartridges only and not the cigarettes themselves?