Any Torontonians/ other Canadians in HK?

Any Torontonians/ other Canadians in HK?

Hi everybody!
    First of all, what a great site! I'm really enjoying learning about HK through this site. Is it becoming a very useful tool. My partner and I are set to move to HK sometime within the next year. Our main concern is isolation. How have you all dealt with it upon arrival in HK? Has it been easy to head out and meet people? Where do most expats live? Downtown or in areas like Repulse Bay?

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!
    Kev.

there are more canadians in hk than any other nationality(other than hk chines of course!)... something like 211,000 or so... even more than philippines...

expats are concentrated in:

discovery bay
    sai kung
    repulse bay
    mid-levels

among other places...

you shouldn't have any problem meeting people, just come with adventure in mind and you'll do great!

i'm from saskatoon, but i've been here 11.5 years or so...

Hi Kev,

Torontonian here! In the same situation as you. LOL. Love to share my experience/stories with you. I'm currently in the Kowloon Area.

Hello Heeneyke

Welcome to the site. I am from Toronto (well north GTA really) and have been visiting this site since the beginning of the year. My husband & I are planning to retire in Hong Kong in 5-7 years and I have learned SO MUCH from everyone here. You're gonna love it!

Where in TO are you located?

Old Thread Janet-cbc!

I just noticed that this is old. Why answer it????

Hey TO fellowship, I have some more frds from UT and other places too, bunch of quebecs and vancity frds, pm me george, When I get enough replies I will distribute my email or u can look up my profile so I can setup a proper time and place for a small meet and let u guys find more friends