Like Tree2Likes

Cable operators

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pinkelephant:
    Originally Posted by PDLM
    Why on earth are you moving to Hong Kong if all you want to do is replicate a little piece of India here?

for the money,honey!
    hahahaaa....
    definitely, its one of the factors

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Apologies - I was confusing you with the person who wants to live surrounded by Indians, eating Indian food, sending his kid to school with other Indians, and so on.
    Come on. You know some people are very insecure when venturing outside of their comfort zone. I knew of one expat female who only ever shopped at Oliver's (back when it wasn't like it is now) because she didn't want to endure the "horrors" of shopping at a local supermarket. Not everyone has the necessary coping skills to adapt to a different environment, and not everyone wants to. Yes, they miss so much in their bubbles but you can't make them 'pop'. They will not be happy in Hong Kong and will either leave or become another whingeing expat.

To answer the original question, you could put a slingbox at your friend or relatives house in India. Then you can control their TV from here and watch through the internet. But this relies on a nice upload speed in India and Im not sure what internet infrastructure is like over there.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    To answer the original question, you could put a slingbox at your friend or relatives house in India. Then you can control their TV from here and watch through the internet. But this relies on a nice upload speed in India and Im not sure what internet infrastructure is like over there.
    I read about the slingbox in another thread. looked little complicated in setting up. I would have to rely on somebody else (friends/relatives) for this.
    Anyways thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by pinkelephant:
    @indianocean
    there are 2 more operators that provide ALOT of indian channels that even I-cable and Star don't provide.I dont know how legal it all is though..

I am not using these services but will get the details from some friends and let you know in a bit.
    hello @pinkelephant, did you get any info? pls let me know

no update yet.
    will send you a PM as soon as I have some info.
    don't worry,you're not missing our on anything