It's official - Hong Kong men live the longest

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's official - Hong Kong men live the longest

Believe it or not, Hong Kong men have the highest life expectancy in the world. Hong Kong women have the 2nd-highest in the world after Japan.

Who would've thought all this pollution would actually be good for you?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_....php?id=111401

deleteduser

Goes to show that all that crap about pollution being so harmful is just that - crap.

Not to say it's not annoying... And it can't be good for the environment...

pollution

The pollution has only been really bad for the past 10 years - this may not have a strong impact coming through in mortality figures for people born 70+ years ago. You'd want to look at a lot more indicators then just headline mortality numbers for the real impact.

Thank god, I don't have to switch off my lights on the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Thank god, I don't have to switch off my lights on the 8th.
    Switch off? I'm buying a couple of high powered spots and putting them in front of my window. Damned if I won't be the only bright spot left in HK.

The expected views of a Hong Kong skyline without lights is going to be ruined by tourists and locals snapping away with their cameras.

I wonder where are the anti-smokers have gone ? Japan and HK have a very high smoking rate yet live the longest! I am not saying that smoking is not bad for you, I am saying that being overweight and eating processed foods high in sugar is a far greater health risk then smoking is.

what is the light thing all about?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Goes to show that all that crap about pollution being so harmful is just that - crap.

Not to say it's not annoying... And it can't be good for the environment...
    Keep in mind that the mortality rates come from the older population mainly. These folks lived most of their lives here with much lower levels of polution.

A statistician drowned while crossing a stream that was, on average, 6 inches deep.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast