African American Hair

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Any Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Nykkib:
    Hi Everyone.
    My husband and I will be moving to HK later this month to begin a 2 year (minimum) assignment. I am wondering if anyone knows of a salon or independent hairdresser who is experienced in working with African American hair? My hair is a few inches below my shoulders and I would prefer not to braid or cut . My normal routine is wash/flat iron every 10 days with a chemical relaxer every 6 weeks. Yes....I am a very frequent customer.
    Any recommendations (actual experiences preferred) are GREATLY appreciated.

Best regards.

I have only been here in Hong Kong since Friday and I ran across your message (this message) while still in the USA. I am intereseted in finding out if you have had any luck since your arrival here in Hong Kong with a hair stylist who has experience in working with African American hair or if you've just been doing your own hair? Any information/advice would be extremely helpful at this point. I decided not to go with braids, so I got a relaxer before arriving here in Hong Kong with my hair stylist. Now I'm wondering if that was a good idea or not being that I don't generally do my own hair.

we did find a few options

For Braiding PM Tdale his wife found a lady who does very good braids without pulling your scalp off. But, they have not given me the number yet. As they think I do not need braids or something. Yet, if you look on this site I am the main one looking for them.

For relaxers and haircuts I go to Hipp fish. They are too expensive to go weekly. But, they can cut color and relax our type of hair. Ask for Keith. He is very good. They also sell products. Also try the Gateway store in central for conditioner.

Hipp.fish Ltd

Tel:2815 3638Fax:2815 3635

16 Elgin St, Central District

As for a routine that works for growing your hair long and keeping it neat. I have had some luck with this lady's website.

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/crownandglory.html
    iIt actually suggests a lot of hair stuff you can buy in HK.

My hair was breaking off a lot from the difference in the water here at first. But, now it has gotten healthier and grown a bit since.

And sometimes we get together and go out as a group. But you have PM someone for that info.

Wink My hair looks yucky but my spouse has a gig

This Friday on Wyndahm street at the Edge my husband's band is playing the Undeground night. It will be the whole band so it should be really good. Also, hair could be discussed over drinks. As mine is a bit frightful and trying to decide to relax it again or do braids.
    The cover is only 40 buck with a twofer special on beer.

Colette

By the time you get this message I will have probaly done something stupid like cut my own bangs or something.

what time

what time is he playing and where is edge located...send me email to my personal [email protected]

(African American Hair)

Hello,
    I have a short hair cut and was wondering, when traveling overseas to places like Hong Kong, Is it possible to relax and wrap your own hair and have a hair stylist cut it for you every couple of months?...If so, how can you find a good hair stylist?

Yes

You just have to make sure that you have enough hot water to do the relaxer. The Hot water heaters are not so good in some apartments. (I have exactly ten minuets of hot water)Also the water is very hard here lots of metals in it so it makes a relaxer not take so well.( Like mine.) But if you get it Straight enough you can have your hair cut virtually anywhere. The hairdresser at Fenwick Pier where the Navy ships Dock at are supposed to be pretty good. If you want a relaxer. The Salon I refered everyone to two above Hipp Fish is where you have to go. If you go the do it yourself route. You will have to bring all your own products and have some one at home with a supply to mail you more as you use them. As most websites for hair products overcharge, do not ship, or just rip you off.

Oh yeah

Is anyone in town this weekend? Want to come by our house and watch movies or hang out. Lots of places will crowed or closed so maybe a house party is in order. Up for anything.

Colette
    PM me with ideas.

I sent you an email that we are going to lamma island tomorrow if you wanted to join us. Also, on monday i have a hotel room at harbor renasisance to watch the fireworks if anybody wanted to come by.

sunday unfortunatley, i will probably be at work after church.

Cool International business

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the average salary of an international business manager or an internatioal business expatriate is. Also, are there business jobs that offer short term assignments overseas (as well as long term assignments?) I was also wondering how much of an effect a masters or PHD hrnatias on income.

Any information on International business in general would be highly appreciated:-)

Thank you

Wink Anyone up for

Anyone up for a cheapie holiday? We could go to Bangkok or Macau or something in March. This is when the Airlines have the Cheapest packages. Because everyone has gone away for CNY.And are broke. I have used this time to do girl weekends and stuff and it has always been very nice and ususally cheap. How about a African American Hair trip? But you will get no hair products and I can honestly say do not let them blow dry your hair.

Let me know.

Also, going to Shenzhen for costumes does anyone want a dress made or anything copied that they already own? I can help out with that.

Colette

Oh yeah and for the person above. If your company cannot send you to Asia. You have to check out Monster.They usually are the best place to look for comapnies that recruit here. Or come here and apply for work. They would also have all of your statistics.

Last edited by colette; 21-02-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: i suck

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast