Liquor Stores

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Since when is Sangria vintage french?

i.e. it is Spanish

Are you looking for a ready-made sangria or just a cheap red wine for making it by yourself? I guess there is a misunderstanding about it

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Sangria

A little known speciality of The Beer Bay is their $35 pint of Sangria.

Most refreshing in these dog days.

Their USP seems to be a mega jigger of rum added to the Oz plonk.

----

Quote Originally Posted by goodkarma:
    You will not find anything even close to a USA liguor store anywhere in HK.
    Probably a good thing as I dont see people drinking outside of liqor stores and tossing shat all over the place. Liquor stores tend to breed crime.

Heh, and it's illegal to have open alcohol containers outside liquor stores in the US, but you can buy cognac at 7-11 here in Hong Kong and drink it right outside perfectly legally. It isn't liquor stores that breed crime, it's American culture concerning alcohol use (or rather, abuse).

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    open alcohol containers .
    The other day a man from Oz was mortified when we were handed a couple of bottles of brew by the belle at Beer Bay 'to go'. {we were heading for the IFC green lung}

"How can we walk with open alcohol containers with people looking us" He wondered

The Belle produced two brown paper bags, which sort of satified him but to my eyes made hime look like a wino.

My turn to be mortified.

haha...I probably mortify a lot of Australians then...wonder what they'd say if they saw me walking around drinking a Cooper's or 22 oz Heineken...I'd be very surprised to see someone drinking out of a paper bag, considering it's perfectly normal to drink openly here. I've seen Chinese construction dudes drinking San Miguels while sitting on the steps on double-decker buses.

heh, I remember drinking a 40 oz of St Ides on the Long Island Railroad from Jamaica to Stony Brook...I hadn't eaten that day. I was supposed to be meeting my girlfriend and her roommate at Stony Brook. She wasn't very pleased with me when I got off the train

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 10-08-2006 at 12:58 AM.

You can also go to Sogo in CWB for a fairly lg selection.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Heh, and it's illegal to have open alcohol containers outside liquor stores in the US, but you can buy cognac at 7-11 here in Hong Kong and drink it right outside perfectly legally. It isn't liquor stores that breed crime, it's American culture concerning alcohol use (or rather, abuse).
    Is it illegal to drink inside a moving vehicle? while driving a moving vehicle? on the MTR? in a public park?