Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Football16

Who do you write like? Take the test

Closed Thread

Who do you write like? Take the test

With so many people on this site who can craft long posts quickly and articulately you might find this site fun to analyze some of your writing.

Submit some writing and check yourself out:

I Write Like

I put a blog post from our company website where I was writing about EQ and IQ.

The results were that I write like Cory Doctorow who Wiki says is Canadian like me and a journalist, blogger and science fiction author who is in favour of more liberal copyright laws. Freetrader and others like Boris think I just write fiction.

Proof: I Write Like Cory Doctorow

I am going to submit something else for a second opinion.

The second opinion on another blog post I wrote on who is responsible for fake degrees gave me the same opinion - Cory Doctorow.

Last edited by Football16; 23-07-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    emmie likes this.

Tried four pieces and I got four different results: George Orwell, P.G. Woodhouse, Stephen King and Cory Doctorow

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Tried four pieces and I got four different results: George Orwell, P.G. Woodhouse, Stephen King and Cory Doctorow
    I would try it, but I don't know what I would do if it said: "Dan Brown"

Isaac Asimov, Robert Louis Stevenson, Edgar Allan Poe and....the inevitable, it seems, Cory Doctorow

oh and James Fenimore Cooper

I seem to be either multi-styled or just plain styleless!

Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 23-07-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Forgot my fifth result :)

I don't get it. I put two quite different blog posts in and got the same result.

"Why you can’t have EQ without IQ" and "Who is Responsible for Rising Numbers of Fake Degrees and Transcripts?" from our blog and which I thought were thought pieces with a different style.

It is interesting that Cory Doctorow has won some big awards and has no degrees having dropped out of 4 universities.

I want Freetrader to put in one of his long posts!

Last edited by Football16; 23-07-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I don't get it. I put two quite different blog posts in and got the same result.

"Why you can’t have EQ without IQ" and "Who is Responsible for Rising Numbers of Fake Degrees and Transcripts?" from our blog and which I thought were thought pieces with a different style.

It is interesting that Cory Doctorow has won some big awards and has no degrees having dropped out of 4 universities.

I want Freetrader to put in one of his long posts!
    I think it's kinda cool that you have a real style. I tried a couple more times and got Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare (twice).

I now feel pretty 'split-writing-personalitied'! :bigparty

I got David Foster Wallace. He hung himself, so I'm just going to go with Cory Doctorow.

Last edited by Sunfire; 24-07-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire:
    I got David Foster Wallace. He hung himself, so I'm just going to go with Cory Doctorow.
    I just re-read his "A supposedly FUN thing I'll never do again," and loved it more the second time around.

And a lot of people hang themselves, just dont mimick them ala Ian Curtis.