urgent please...20 kg bag shipment from UK to HK

Closed Thread

urgent please...20 kg bag shipment from UK to HK

Hi All

we live in HK and are currently on vacation in UK. I am flyign back tomorrow and urgently need your help to decide on what to do for thr excess luggage I have

i am allowed 20 kg with malaysian airlines but realized that I will have around 10 kg over & above that limit.
    my family would have another 10 kg and I heard that Malaysia airline is very strict with weight limits. anybody has experience with this?

1. how much do they charge /kg (if you have similar exprience)\
    2. can i prer-book extra weight allowance before I head to airport tomorrow morning? whats the weight limit?
    3. Has anyboby used any service to ship a 20 kg bad from Uk to HK (there is noo urgency in terms of the actual time it takes to reach UK, it should be safe abd cheap).

thanks a lot!! for the your help

if urgent, consider write on malaysian expat sites, but change the destination to KL instead HK, Malaysian airline is not as common.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    3. Has anyboby used any service to ship a 20 kg bad from Uk to HK (there is noo urgency in terms of the actual time it takes to reach UK, it should be safe abd cheap).
    Yes, a thing called the "post office" which can be found in many "high streets". A box sent by "surface mail" is very cheap.

Much cheaper option and faster option than the post office--have it sent along as unaccompanied baggage.