Therapy Dogs

  1. #1

    Therapy Dogs

    I have a question and I was wondering how it works here, I have a great dog with a great temperment that we just adopted. He's currently sick from tick fever but will get better hopefully soon....anyways..
    In the states you actually have to get your dog a license and go to classes to be a registered therapy dog. Has anyone had any experience in HK with this? I used to take my dog to nursing homes and hospitals in the states and in Japan. Can you do that here? If so how do you go about doing it?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    I've seen a gal with one of those back in the states. They are extremely well trainded and loving dogs.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2004

    Don't know the exact answer to your question, but you could ask SPCA ( or these guys (our vets, - I know they get involved in quite a bit of community stuff)

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hong Kong

    Is this what you're looking for? The program is called Dr Dog