2 the person who complained about Racial Profiling

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I really dislike it when i see people blaming moderate muslims for not getting rid of extremism. Information from moderate muslims lead to the
    recent capture of the potential terrorists in london a few days ago.

Extremism is everyone's problem, and everyone isnt doing enough to
    curb it.

Quote Originally Posted by arlo:
    curb it.
    Or someone is using a rifle for killing a mosquito. In the meantime the weapon industry is making zillions of profits.

Quote Originally Posted by arlo:
    I really dislike it when i see people blaming moderate muslims for not getting rid of extremism. Information from moderate muslims lead to the
    recent capture of the potential terrorists in london a few days ago.

curb it.
    well, in your definition that is enough i suppose.

anyway, not to incite flame wars here, the world is not such a simple place.
    everyone can hate israelis for starting the war on lebanon but is it that simple ?
    everyone has a right to protect themselves and their homeland, and how do you define what is their homeland ?

just like all the templar speculations, time has murk up everything... there is no right and wrong, just the desire of the people to survive and to claim a place they can call their own.

visit some of these places, talk to the people, and one wld realize everyone wants just like what you and me want. peace and livinghood.
    for whatever being portrayed, isrealis are one frenly bunch of people.

[QUOTE=freeier]
    anyway, not to incite flame wars here, the world is not such a simple place.
    everyone can hate israelis for starting the war on lebanon but is it that simple ?
    everyone has a right to protect themselves and their homeland, and how do you define what is their homeland ?

PLEASE dont bring the lebanese/ israeli- mideast conflict into this discussion. It is way too complex ....
    it is easy to protect your homeland when you have one....
    I have no doubt that the israeli's are a frendly bunch of people, but i
    do not think you can describe their government as friendly....

I forecast a big lock on this thread and temporary truce lasting until next "flag against flag" thread will be started soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybo:
    Or someone is using a rifle for killing a mosquito. In the meantime the weapon industry is making zillions of profits.
    Good analogy IMO.

i doubt u can isolate everything.
    the muslim terrorist are using israel as an excuse to carry out their terror in the world.. the israel are using muslim terrorist as an excuse to kill anyone that they don't like...

alot of things in this world, unless u step in their shoe, u won't think like them. u can say the governments are wrong, the terrorists are wrong, etc.. but in their shoe what wld u do ?

alot of things in this world, unless u step in their shoe, u won't think like them. u can say the governments are wrong, the terrorists are wrong, etc.. but in their shoe what wld u do ?[/QUOTE]

I definately wouldnt raze and entire country, displace over 1 million people, stop all forms of aid entering or leaving for an entire month, in order to teach 3000 militants a lesson.....i dont need to be in their shoes to know that.

what we need is less violence and more EFFECTIVE diplomacy. U would think we would have learned that by now.
    Last edited by arlo; 15-08-2006 at 09:45 PM.

let's be realistic, how much of diplomacy is real in this world ?
    how much is about power jostering ? how much is about money ? sales of weapons ? etc.etc..

countries showing one face to one problem and another face to another ?

the history of the holyland has forever been full of bloodshed.
    the jews were displaced from their land, and now they are trying to displace the paletines.

So at the end of the day, the way it seems to be, the people that are truly benefitting from wars are the oil barons and the rifle making people!