Living on a $7000 budget

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ChrissyCream, I don't know where in Kowloon I'll be stayin yet.
    It should be cheap and not that far away from Central (Since I'll have to go to the Peak twice a week).

Jay,
    I'm already planning on sharing a flat otherwise there would be no way I could make it hehehe.
    Where in Kowloon could I find places with 2k-3k of rent? (Flatsharing)
    And thank's for the info with the 7-11 hehe at least now I know where I'm going to hang out to make some friends

Quote Originally Posted by altralazer:
    I'm going to live there for two years.
    At least I'll have about $1000/month more with the beginning of my second year.

Could you guys tell me, where I can find other expats who are in the same situation? Say, I'm not lookin for pepz who can spend 2000 on a dinner, more for people like me, who'll buy a sixpack of beer and chill out together at home hehehe

Most important for me is going to be my training cuz' that's what is going to be important for my future.
    Hey,

Are there many people in this kind of situation? Foreigners with incomes well outside standard expat packages?

Cheers.

ANCIENT THREAD ALERT!

Two years on ... how did the OP get on I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    ANCIENT THREAD ALERT!

Quote Originally Posted by huwmjones:
    Hey,

Are there many people in this kind of situation? Foreigners with incomes well outside standard expat packages?

Cheers.
    standard expat packages: definition please?

Hmm I am not on this budget but can sympathise with this at the moment..

I came over here on a high income job last year but got somewhat sick of it this and quit. Basically I had just about no life with the hours I was doing and have always had an interest in other things. Am taking some time off now, studying Chinese and trying a few different things. It's great but only now am I attempting to stick to a budget (I spent my first year or so in HK not reallly thinking about expenditures at all!) and realising how expensive it really is to go out in Central all the time etc.. I've already blown it by double each week so far and am trying to be far more disclipined!

Last edited by muse07; 01-09-2008 at 10:17 PM.