fruit juice and oxygen

Closed Thread

Question fruit juice and oxygen

quick question?

are there any fruit juice bars (apart from the one on the corner of wellington street next to california fitness and at the foot of LKF) in HK?

when i say HK, i mean all over, NT and kowloon included!

thanks all!

Last edited by jensmithnifer; 19-08-2006 at 01:40 AM.

Mix

Yes, Mix juice seems to be everywhere. Not sure about NT but I have sen it all over Kowloon and HK Island, Causeway Bay, IFC, Soho, TST, Shopping Centres etc

MIX is your best bet and its very good quality.

They also have one at the airport in the arrivals area.

best smoothies i ever had are at Fuzion, Plaza Hollywood in Diamond Hill, 1/F. Forty bucks will get you a sixteen ounce drink (just yogurt and fruit, no ice) and some lunch.

don't know about other locations.

At MIX some of their fruits are frozen and cut up in cubes. This takes away from their nutritional value. I prefer KOSMO or the local juice outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by hknt:
    some of their fruits are frozen and cut up in cubes. This takes away from their nutritional value.
    Could you provide me some link that provides any scientific basis for that assertion?

there you go being PDLM-ish again heh heh.

MIX ain't bad, although i must say forty poppers for a medium drink is a bit much.

Fuzion's cheaper and doesn't use ice.

as for verifying HKNT's assertions, can't we ask to watch while they make the juice?

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by hknt:
    At MIX some of their fruits are frozen and cut up in cubes. This takes away from their nutritional value. I prefer KOSMO or the local juice outlets.
    Local outlets for freshly made juice - no dearth of them all over the place. E.g. in just one slice of HK island: street level on Queen's Rd East - two-thirds of the way between Hopewell and Pacific Place 3 but on opposite (i.e. northern) side of road near a bus stop. Ten bucks or less a glass.
    First floor landing of United Centre near exit towards Admiralty.
    Admiralty Centre itself - walk around among the shops.

Actually freezing fruits prior to transporting them preserves more of their nutrients than shipping them fresh.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

All this frozen fruit business reminds me of My Island-Oasis escapde from last year

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/showth...ghlight=frozen