Spare parts for ceiling lights

Closed Thread

Spare parts for ceiling lights

Hi All,

I have a beautiful ceiling lamp having around 10 bulbs and covers to those bulbs. It is not a chandelier but something similar.
    Unfortunately, few of the covers broke accidently. Now I want to replace them. I tried to search for them in the shops selling celing lamps and chandeliers but no one had them.
    Does anyone have any idea where I can get such spares.
    Thanks in advance

i guess there are no spare parts for lamps....

it's sad to say that but i experienced it many times..........end up needed to buy a new one...

Must buy an entire set for a few broken pieces?!!

Thnx for your post. But it is really surprising. Do I need to buy an entire set for a few broken glasses? I mean, it is so natural for glass to break! And so surprising that a spare is not found.

Where did you buy the lamp? Contact them and ask abt spare parts.

I am going to assume you did that already. What abt the manufacturer? Can you contact them?

Most lamps sold in HK are made in the mainland factories and in general, retail shops don't carry any spare parts as broken ones usually go to the landfill. Since there's no market for parts, shops don't bother to stock spares as the cost of keeping spare parts would be expensive.

Once I chipped a dinning room lamp while cleaning it and it's only one month old. I ended up paying for a second set coz there's no spare part available.

Yea, it is a waste to throw the whole lamp away coz of a few broken shades.