Dog barking every evening in the building close to ours

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Throw some meat over onto their balcony with some sleeping pills ground into it, that'll shut em up

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    first of all, what do u mean by "5-0 is your only option"?

i was thinking of buying one of those silent dog whistles. but i couldnt find them anywhere in hong kong. i checked almost every shop in prince edward (goldfish street), none of them had one.
    do u really think they could make the dogs stop barking though?

i definitely didnt harass my neighbours. i contacted them first, sent them a letter and talked to the management first. , there was still no changes, after i warned them that we are gonna call the police. so we started calling the police. once i tried to talk to them about the problem, but they didnt open the door (i knew that they were at home). so its obvious that they dont wanna talk with me.
    The whistle definitely works. Dogs have a keen sense of smell and can hear things a mile away. I've tried it on my own dogs in the past but they didnt respond (since they always took advantage of me and never listened anyway).

My sense in HK is noise is just tolerated. Neighbor has the TV on and we can hear it but have not said anything since with the AC on the noise is not audible. They do turn it off by a decent hour recognizing it is loud and we could do the same to them. No sense in escalating things. Probably in the past no one has said anythng then all of a sudden you are sending letters, calling Miami Vice, etc. My sense is it has evolved into a situation where you should just move unless you are looking for a physical confrontation with the them or the dogs or both. See if there is an out clause in your lease for this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    first of all, what do u mean by "5-0 is your only option"?

i was thinking of buying one of those silent dog whistles. but i couldnt find them anywhere in hong kong. i checked almost every shop in prince edward (goldfish street), none of them had one.
    do u really think they could make the dogs stop barking though?

i definitely didnt harass my neighbours. i contacted them first, sent them a letter and talked to the management first. , there was still no changes, after i warned them that we are gonna call the police. so we started calling the police. once i tried to talk to them about the problem, but they didnt open the door (i knew that they were at home). so its obvious that they dont wanna talk with me.
    BTW, "5-0" is slang for the police. Have you not watched Hawaii 5-0? Old show but the urban kids use it as code word for the police. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_...opular_culture
    Last edited by Asian1; 24-08-2006 at 11:52 PM.

Seriously, give the dogs sleeping pills to demonstrate to the neighbours what could happen when they're out. Tell them next time it will be poison if they don't sort it out (don't obviously follow through with this part), got to be worth a try. Tough times call for tough measures

Quote Originally Posted by Asian1:
    BTW, "5-0" is slang for the police. Have you not watched Hawaii 5-0? Old show but the urban kids use it as code word for the police. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_...opular_culture
    Of course, everyone on these forums understands obscure American cultural trivia.

You are lucky. "our" dogs on the left side bark around midnight and the other ones at the right side around 3-4 in the morning.

I always call the police and they send someone to talk to the owners.

Just don't use 999. Get the number of your local police station and call them.

It's easier in estates with a management.

Somehow I think there is something regarding excessive noise. It's prohibited after 10pm until 9am and Sundays.

There was once a dog poisoner in Central. After trying to get to sleep and waking up early in the morning I can understand that.

But before you think about giving ... to the dogs, better call the police. They have a boring office job and also like the excitement to go somewhere, where no policeman has been before.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    You are lucky. "our" dogs on the left side bark around midnight and the other ones at the right side around 3-4 in the morning.

I always call the police and they send someone to talk to the owners.

Just don't use 999. Get the number of your local police station and call them.

It's easier in estates with a management.

Somehow I think there is something regarding excessive noise. It's prohibited after 10pm until 9am and Sundays.

There was once a dog poisoner in Central. After trying to get to sleep and waking up early in the morning I can understand that.

But before you think about giving ... to the dogs, better call the police. They have a boring office job and also like the excitement to go somewhere, where no policeman has been before.
    our neighbour's dogs are also barking early in the morning (5 to 6 am), in the afternoon (preferably rite after lunch time) and in the late evening.
    the problem is that our neighbour is working shift, so he isnt at home a lot and doesnt take care of them well. furthermore, they are in a cage rite next to the window. must be freaking hot there (as there is no aircon on).
    its just unbelievable how some ppl treat animals.

Most HK people are absolutely the worst dogs owners IMO. If I were you I would make a video and send it in to the AFCD. They will raid the premises as they have a zero tolerance policy for this these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Most HK people are absolutely the worst dogs owners IMO. If I were you I would make a video and send it in to the AFCD. They will raid the premises as they have a zero tolerance policy for this these days.
    hi jaredHK,

what is the AFCD?
    i hope they can help me (and the dogs).

sandra

i'm guessing he means the ag & fish dept.