Philippines Police Report

Closed Thread

Philippines Police Report

Hello all,

Question directed to those from the Philippines. Do you know how to go about getting a police report from the Philippines when living in HK? What is needed and can it be obtained from local police offices in the Philippines or is there a main office?

My wife who is Filipina and living in HK needs to obtain a police report from the Philippines, she does not know anyone who has knowledge of this process and the Consulate has been of no assistance. I have had no luck with internet searches.

Information appreciated.

Thank you

Is it a police report, or an NBI clearance? From what I know, a police report is like a local police clearance, while an NBI clearance is a national clearance. Both will tell whoever reads it whether or not one has a criminal case lodged against the person.

A police clearance can be obtained from the municipality where the person resides. I KNOW it requires a personal appearance, as they need to get the person's fingerprints. (But others are free to correct me on this.) Your wife should ask her relatives back in the Philippines to inquire from the the local police station for her.

The Philippine Embassy here in HK doesn't know what a police clearance is????!!!

Last edited by donabel_beltran; 23-08-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks for the info.

She has not had much success in getting help from relatives in the Philippines, but still trying to work that out. The Consulate will not comment on the police report other than to state "they do not issue it".

It would seem that the NBI could be used in place of the police report; however the document is required for a matter of immigration and the immigration office has not replied to any inquires sent through various methods for over three months (they have acknowledged the inquires were received).

Gordon

I know an NBI clearance is usually on the list of required documents that one needs to submit for visa or immigration applications. Perhaps this site will provide some useful info.: http://www.gov.ph/faqs/nbi.asp

It would be suggested to get someone that you can pay in Manila to do the errand for you..