Budget=HK$8-9K/mth; but where?

Closed Thread

Budget=HK$8-9K/mth; but where?

hi all, im having a hard time finding a place to live for 2 ppl for that budget... my requirement is at least 500sq ft in a relatively newer building with kitchen and preferably basic electricals ie: fridge, microwave and washing machine and close to transport... preferably serviced apartment to start with and then look at rentals later.... anyway, if any1 can assist...
    tks

the bauhinia maybe, right across from the Four Seasons, just east of Western Market. but why service apartment?

for that kind of money you can easily rent a proper apartment. there are literally hundreds of major complexes to choose from in that range all over the territory. where do you want to live?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldinho:
    hi all, im having a hard time finding a place to live for 2 ppl for that budget... my requirement is at least 500sq ft in a relatively newer building with kitchen and preferably basic electricals ie: fridge, microwave and washing machine and close to transport... preferably serviced apartment to start with and then look at rentals later.... anyway, if any1 can assist...
    tks
    as an example 8/9 k will give you a great appartment in GoldCoast or Aegean Coast (40 mn from central). For much less you can also find great places in Yuen Long, Tuen Mun, Tin Siu Wai...the list is endless...

Will of course be more difficult in HK Island but not impossible, Kennedy Town, Aberdeen....

well the reason for the serviced apartment is that i'll theoretically save on having to buy furniture as i'll be getting married and my fiance is overseas at the moment... when she comes we'll be limited to 1 income until she finds work....

Try some of the lower cost serviced apartments, like Cozy Studio or W Studio. Don't know how big or nice these apartments are, but it might work for you. See this thread for phone numbers & addresses:
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread13061.html

You can find yourself a furnished apartment. That same 8-9k can get you a significantly bigger apartment than you'd get if you went the serviced route.

tks
    This is not impossible! I would recommend you go to Centanet (big white and red signs) and tell them your needs. they will be happy to help you as long as you pay the 1 month finders-fee (the landlord will have to pay the same).

The only thing you need to think about is the contract minimum lease time. Most landlords will never accept less than 12 months.

PM if you need more details.

/zatoichi

If I remember well I paid half of the monthly rent as commission fee to agency and was able to sign a 6+6 months contract.
    If the landlord is interested to rent out the flat he will agree to your requests.

tks

Get 700sqft on Lamma for 5,000 and spend the rest for the ferry.

In Sai Kung you can have a full house for 6K, if you are lucky.

Normally the expats ruin the market by paying far too much for anything.