Hong Kongers Must wear mask in Thailand

Hong Kongers Must wear mask in Thailand

BANGKOK, April 2 (Reuters) - Thailand, one of the most popular holiday destinations in Asia, said on Wednesday all tourists from countries hit hard by a deadly flu-like virus must wear masks at all times or face a six-month jail term and fine.

Officials said tourists breaking the new rules could face a maximum of six months in jail, and/or a fine of up to 10,000 baht ($233.4).

Well going by that law Shri is either in Patpong jail or his platinum card account has been debited by 10 k Thai smackeroos

My job description does not involve turning into some Thai gangsters bitch ... sorry. Neither does it involve the Thai equivalent of Nurse Ratchet giving me a DRE (go figure this one out, specially those who mocked my RJ reference).

I did go to the store and bought myself a mask thingy. Ah .. the joys of living in a place which now needs to supplement lost tourism dollars with SARS dollars.

How do they distinguish between Shri who came in from HK , and Shri who came in from Switzerland?

Do they brand you on the forehead in the flight? or at the Immigration counter?

Now that I'm out of Thailand .... Shanx .. you have to understand Thai Govt thinking. Puts the Indian govt to shame.