Misleading Avatars

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Plenty of dating/swinging going on here behind the scenes.

I guess I am Hobbes, a figment of one's imagination.

Mine is right on, too. I'm pretty much cat crazy and enjoy sleeping, eating and being petted. Simple life, simple pleasures....

Mine is close too, figuratively speaking....

Mine's pretty spot on actually. The similarity is kinda creepy, to be honest.

You can see that I always keep smile and look happy.

I'm totally Calvin, lil shit disturber thru n thru, and I actually look like him, even went out for halloween 3 yrs ago as Calvin

sylvesterjay, somehow I believe you !!

I brought this topic up because I have been asked several times by women who I have met at other forum get togethers, why people look so shocked when they meet up.........I don't know what to say but they have avatars showing gorgeous scanitly clad thin women and are in real life mostly grossly overweight and no makeup and just fun to be with.

If I have an avatar, I certainly don't want one that makes people lust after me or hope when they meet me I'm something else.

Hmm - What do you think my avatar says about me?

Quote Originally Posted by WantingOut:
    sylvesterjay, somehow I believe you !!

I brought this topic up because I have been asked several times by women who I have met at other forum get togethers, why people look so shocked when they meet up.........
    From http://philliphansel.com/avatars/

What’s an avatar?
    Here’s the definition of an Avatar according to Microsoft Encarta’s general dictionary: av·a·tar (plural av·a·tars) noun

(1) incarnation of Hindu deity: an incarnation of a Hindu deity in human or animal form, especially one of the incarnations of Vishnu such as Rama and Krishna
    (2) embodiment of something: somebody who embodies, personifies, or is the manifestation of an idea or concept
    (3) COMPUTING image of person in virtual reality: a movable three-dimensional image that can be used to represent somebody in cyberspace, for example, an Internet user(1)

From what I understand, avatars reflect the person within. If you meet up with an overweight-no-makeup-just-fun-to-be-with person who uses a svelte-polished-sophisticated avatar, don't discount her to be JUST the former. There might be a "hot momma" lurking inside...