Misleading Avatars

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBest:
    Hmm - What do you think my avatar says about me?
    Creepy crawly....

Most of the time its what people picture themselves as or want to be!! I would LUUUUV to be Snoopy!!

N oh I'm yet to meet any "HOT MAMMA"s . SO calling all "HOT MAMMA"s in hiding... PM me ur number

Quote Originally Posted by donabel_beltran:
    From http://philliphansel.com/avatars/

What’s an avatar?
    Here’s the definition of an Avatar according to Microsoft Encarta’s general
    dictionary: av·a·tar (plural av·a·tars) noun

(1) incarnation of Hindu deity: an incarnation of a Hindu deity in human or animal form, especially one of the incarnations of Vishnu such as Rama and Krishna
    (2) embodiment of something: somebody who embodies, personifies, or is the manifestation of an idea or concept
    (3) COMPUTING image of person in virtual reality: a movable three-dimensional image that can be used to represent somebody in cyberspace, for example, an Internet user(1)

From what I understand, avatars reflect the person within. If you meet up with an overweight-no-makeup-just-fun-to-be-with person who uses a svelte-polished-sophisticated avatar, don't discount her to be JUST the former. There might be a "hot momma" lurking inside...

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Creepy crawly....
    Or green with 2 strands of hair??!!

Wait ti'll you see me walk or hear me talk

Im not a redhead but people who know me know why this is my avatar and found it very apt

Quote Originally Posted by WantingOut:
    As I visit various sites, I see than only a few have the ability to let the users have special avatars. IMHO, good idea.

Having met some people on other forums who have gorgeous, stunning avatars but end up being very average looking at best I can't help but wonder why would anyone want to mislead fellow posters? It can only shock the ones who meet the ugly ducking with the sexy avatar.

Shallow - yes and no. Avatars are supposed to be representative of the person.

It is also interesting to see how differently the people (both men and women) are treated when the avatar is striking and provocative.
    Well its not like Cyndi Crawford is dying to sleep with you because I doubt many of us would make it to the cover of GQ mag or People Mag's most beautiful people. I might be a semifinalist for the mag not sure about everyone else. Be realistic!
    Last edited by MotoHK; 01-09-2006 at 06:04 PM.

I am suddenly worried that I don't actually exist. *sigh* I had suspicions for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by JBest:
    Or green with 2 strands of hair??!!
    My kind of woman!

Quote Originally Posted by coolgirl:
    Im not a redhead but people who know me know why this is my avatar and found it very apt
    Ok I'm bad at it. But tryin gto place this character!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Ok I'm bad at it. But tryin gto place this character!!
    Guess Scooby hadn't shared this tidbit with you, huh, Snoopy?

Clue: What's the name of this red-head character?