sofa Re-upholstery, who does it and how much does it cost?

sofa Re-upholstery, who does it and how much does it cost?

Where do you get your sofa reupholstered in Hongkong ? How much does it cost approximately?

Here in the US it is cheaper to buy a new sofa rather than re-upholster it, but not so in India where it is a lot cheaper to re-upholster your sofas which can be done in a few days at the max. I was wondering what teh costs are like in Hongkong?

Also what are the good stores for upholstery fabric?

Thanks so much
    ANYC

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

forget about reupholstering your sofa, just hop across the border (Dongguan, I think) and get yourself a brand new one (stylish, too) and have them ship it to you.

Cheaper and a whole lot more convenient.

Depending on where you're in the US, you're probably in for a big shock if you think Hong Kong is cheaper -- tons of stuff thats way too expensive in HK.

Max, Shunde is supposedly the sofa capital of southern china.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Talking

Oops, my mistake, I take it back.

On a serious note, a lot of furniture companies are investing in manufacturing facilities in China. I know of many friends here who've gone across the border to look for comparative bargains. The designs are easily 'copied' and the products are of relatively good quality. They even ship it to you in HK. I don't see how you can go wrong there. No harm checking it out, I say.

We have an L shaped sofa which needed upholstering. The fabric I selected was reasonable but the labor here is expensive. They gave me a quote for $6K.

The good stores are on Queen's Rd East and also Horizon Plaza in HK.