Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchDrinker

Liquor Stores- lagavulin

Closed Thread

Question Liquor Stores- lagavulin

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a bottle of lagavulin scotch?

Saw it ages ago at the Watson's wine cellar inside Great at Pacific Place - call them and see if they still stock it.

I get my bottles from the duty free whisky shops at Heathrow - loads cheaper (and not to mention hundreds of other choices being available as well).

Just called them. Unfortunately the guy hadn't even heard of lagavulin. There doesn't seem to be much variety in HK.

No and that's why I always make sure I stock up on the way back from the UK...

Maybe I should try and sell you a couple of drams as a short-term fix - my current bottle is the Distiller's Edition, 1991 double matured...

azheng likes this.

If you are willing to part ways I would gladly purchase a bottle. How much are you looking for it?

it's really hard to find lagavulin or even other Islay in Hong Kong, I got my last lagavulin from Australia on my last trip there, in duty free I never find any lagavulin, so City Super sells the last two or three weeks a Lagavulin 16 y.o. but too expensive!!!
    I usually get my Islay bottles throw internet purchasing!

this new whisky/liquor store at 97 wellington street seems to have a much bigger selection than most places in HK, including lagavulin 16. its called Liquor & Liqueur. I even saw a bottle of Port Ellen there!

city super carries lagavulin but the price is outrageous. as i recall it was 1600hkd, that same bottle can be had usually from 60 - 80usd.

Liquor & Liqueur.. new specialty shop in Central

Do check out Liquor & Liqueur.. they are almost open but are already helping customers. The shop is located a few blocks passed the escalators heading away from LKF, before Sense 99 and Mingle Bar, and nestled among the local electric shops (don't get confused by the high-end wine shop you must pass to get there!) Call 2810-0026 or write [email protected] to inquire about products and tell them Michelle sent you Thanks and good luck!