Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HowardCoombs
  • 1 Post By bookblogger

Sha Chau And Lung Kwu Chau Marine Park

Closed Thread

Question Sha Chau And Lung Kwu Chau Marine Park

Does anyone know how to get to Sha Chau And Lung Kwu Chau Marine Park? I know there's no public transportation to the islands...

Has anyone been to the beaches there before?

No, but I would like to. There is a fishermen's Tin Hau temple on one of them. I think you would have to hire a boat from Tung Chung, Tai O or Tuen Mun.

hklocal likes this.

I was looking at the map and I think they are nearest to the Tuen Mun ferry pier. Do you know if I can hire a boat there?

I have not done this, but I think you will have better luck in TaiO as there are many boats there waiting to take Tourists to watch dolphins, some of them doing this on schedules.

Talking to them, you should be able to convince one of them to drop you off and then pick you up later on.

HC

hklocal likes this.

Thanks HC! What is the quickest way to get to Tai O from Kowloon?

On the map the islands seem to be much nearer to the Tuen Mun Pier, but I doubt whether there are small boats for hiring.

I think the quickest would be to get to MTR Olympic station and ride it till Tung Chung. After that, take a bus to TaiO.

Another place you can ask (they might know the best place) :
    Hong Kong Dolphinwatch Limited

HC

Last edited by Football16; 02-08-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Can I simply go to Tai O and hire a boat randomly? Or do I need the contact of a boat owner to arrange in advance?