If your Chinese, How proud are you?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

i am proud of being chinese

i am proud of being chinese because some of the conservative chinese values.. such as being filial to parents.. certain chinese cultures and etc. things that make me less proud of being chinese is the fact that i can't read and write chinese.. though i intend to learn soon.
    things that make me less proud is that.. chinese seems to eat everything.. except tables .. and chairs,, all kinds of wildlife,, u name it.. and there are chinese who eat them..
    anyway, i am proud of what i am.
    have a nice day.. everyone.

hi.

Hi, where are you from ?

Quote Originally Posted by reei:
    i am proud of being chinese because some of the conservative chinese values.. such as being filial to parents.. certain chinese cultures and etc. things that make me less proud of being chinese is the fact that i can't read and write chinese.. though i intend to learn soon. things that make me less proud is that.. chinese seems to eat everything.. except tables .. and chairs,, all kinds of wildlife,, u name it.. and there are chinese who eat them..
    anyway, i am proud of what i am.
    have a nice day.. everyone.

Eating everything? I think the japanese started that.

Cool hi

hi, i am from malaysia. in australia now, and will be living in hk soon.
    why the discrimination again mainland chinese? it's just the way things are. for example, if u go to ocean park, where there are many mainland tourists,, people who pushed u impatiently in queue, 9 out of 10 are from mainland china.. i am not saying all are like that but the majority. people don't discriminate mainland chinese for no reasons. i don't discriminate anyone, in fact some of my closest friend are from china.. you just have to show that u r different, then people will treat u with respect, regardless of where u r from. i think it's an image thing. like in australia.. majority of the drivers are polite.. they will give way when they know u need to cut it.. but i can't say , all australian drivers are like that. my friends and i have encountered hit-and-run accident a couple of times. it depends on your experience with people from that particular country. if u have bad experience more than good ones,, these people are bad drivers.. and vice versa.

Unhappy

Hi reei, it's NOT the image thing that HKongers will respect you if you show them you behave not the same as most mainlanders. So soon as they know you came from PRC, no matter how you behave yourself, they just look down on you. This is how I feel in HK and 100% true.

Last edited by who; 10-05-2004 at 11:59 AM.

are u 100% sure?

hello who,
    are u 100% sure that hk ppl will look down on those from mainland no matter how they behave? my sis in law is a hk girl and her bf is from mainland, i think they are getting along fine, and his bf is getting along well with the whole family who are all hk ppl, except for me.. . i do have a friend who has a bf in tsingtao, china.. and if they look down on ppl from mainland, they won't start a relationship with them in the first place, right?
    maybe u right, maybe i have not been in hk long enough.
    have a nice day.

Exclamation Arrogance and dilusions of grandeur

Basically, Hong Kong Chinese, especially the rich, will do anything to cut ties with their Chinese heritage. Even to the point where they want to buy whitening cosmetics to avoid looking too Asian.
    At risk of having my membership suspended, they are arrogant, self-centrered and seem to have some miseducated view that they are above everyone else. They typify everything that is bad about Hong Kong, greedy, arrogant and looking out for number 1. They would not help anyone unless there was something in it for them. Having travelled extensively around China, it is clear that the Hong Kong Chinese are the most obnoxious and dislikeable people from any part of China - and thats the problem YOU ARE PART OF CHINA - LIVE WITH IT! (Of course you disagre with me, but is my opinion and I am entitled to it!)

i think it's an image thing. like in australia..
    sorry, i totally disagree with you.

Unhappy

hello who,
    are u 100% sure that hk ppl will look down on those from mainland no matter how they behave? my sis in law is a hk girl and her bf is from mainland, i think they are getting along fine, and his bf is getting along well with the whole family who are all hk ppl, except for me.. . i do have a friend who has a bf in tsingtao, china.. and if they look down on ppl from mainland, they won't start a relationship with them in the first place, right?
    maybe u right, maybe i have not been in hk long enough.
    have a nice day.
    Hi reei, I'd say most of the HK people look down on ppl from PRC but of course not every one. Unfortunately, I just met the wrong HK people.

now i know why..

now i know why.. my opinion differs from most of you. i don't know any hong kong people that are rich.. that's why! )

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast