Peoples SIM card randomly not sending text messages

Closed Thread

Peoples SIM card randomly not sending text messages

I bought a prepaid Peoples SIM card and put it in my mobile/cell phone handset back in early June this year.

I send text/SMS messages both locally within Hong Kong and internationally (almost exclusively to Australia).

The message gets sent normally from my phone, but randomly, about 20-30% of my messages never arrive. There seems to be absolutely no pattern to it - it doesn't depend on the receiver, the location of the receiver, the day of the week, the time of the day or anything else that I can notice for that matter. I can send the same message to the same person within 10 minutes, and they get one but not the other. I have no idea whether I get charged for these messages or not!

Has anybody else had the same experience with Peoples or any other phone company in HK for that matter?

Not that I have noticed. I don't send or receive that many messages so I'm not the best person to answer your question. Is it worth checking that your sms settings are to retry messages/leave messages on the server for longer than 1 day? If this is set to too short a time then you will get a non-delivery report.

I use Peoples, I think it has happened a couple of times in the last few months but out of 50 or more a day so not like your situation so only a fraction of a percent.

Might sound stupid but its possible.... because i did it. But u said your using your phone from aus i guess and u probably have numbers saved as like 0409..... 0421.... etc. but if ur selecting the contact it wont work without the +61.
    but if you are hitting reply... it automatically does the +61 for u! anyway i kept doing that when i first got here...!
    let me know.

laura