Another Dependent Pass Question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I need to apply for husband a dependent visa. He's got a job in Hk, thanks to a certain someone on this forum. Here are my questions.
    1) What forms do we need to fill? ...Get from Information, I think 2nd floor of the Immigration tower, and tell them what you want.

2) What documents do we need to bring? you can find from the list the information officer will provide you like you better bring the copy of your passport and your husband's passport, copy of his HK I.d., bank statement or bank book, husband's pay slip copy for at least 3 months, your house contract, marriage contract and letter of support from you husband saying your husband will provide everything for you and of course your passport. If they need some more supporting documents, they will ask you to send it by post. Better if your husband is with you when you apply.

3) How long does it take to process the dependent visa....about 6 weeks

4) Can we go to immigration without an appointment on Sat and how long would we need to wait there? Yes, you can go without appointment when applying as dependent, 2 to 3 hours waiting but actually, it depends to the number of people already waiting.

Actually, it is case to case basis in application but what i am sharing with you was based from my experience.

Smile Which is the better way of going at it??

Hi Sunnie,

We are considering a move to HK next year, and wifey is thinking of getting a job while we are there.

Should we get a regular dependent visa for her and then try converting it to a working one after she lands a job there?

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Sorry people to bore you with another dependent pass question that you'd probably have answered. But really need the answers soon.

I need to apply for husband a dependent visa. He's got a job in Hk, thanks to a certain someone on this forum. Here are my questions.
    1) What forms do we need to fill?
    2) What documents do we need to bring?
    3) How long does it take to process the dependent visa
    4) Can we go to immigration without an appointment on Sat and how long would we need to wait there?

Thanks everyone!

If you are here on an Employment Visa then your wife can work with her Dependent's Visa - no need to change it to an Employment Visa (in fact her (potential) employer would prefer you not to since it involves them in paperwork whereas employing someone on a Dependent's Visa doesn't).

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Steppy,

Yup, PDLM answered it for you. Hubby got his dependant's pass in less than a fortnight and he's starting work on a dependant pass as well.

Hi Sunnie,

Appreciate your advise. Will probably have more questions once we firm up the move. If we get to go to HK to check the place out, lets meet up for coffee or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy in Geo:
    Hi Sunnie,

Appreciate your advise. Will probably have more questions once we firm up the move. If we get to go to HK to check the place out, lets meet up for coffee or something.
    You're welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2