How to beat the odor?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Matt,...don't just get a regular deo, get the ones that are the anti-perspirant type. They sell them here locally in all supermarkets and even some cosmetics stores like Bonjour,etc..

Another alternative is to shower more frequently. If I don't shower at least twice a day, "I smell like death" (my brother's words, not mine, although I originally used it to describe my mom). If you can't get to a shower, you can always carry a change of clothes with you...I guess that's the next best thing.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 21-09-2006 at 11:58 AM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

go deeper

If you maintain your diet from the temperate zones here in the tropics.
    One option is to get a bottle of peppermint tincture and add a few drops to your water. Not only works wonders for your digestion but will eventually give you a minty sweat.
    There is a French brand available at phramacies, name begins with an R, just ask for a peppermintcure-it is around $25

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i ALWAYS buy dozens of deoderants when i'm in canada...actually toothpaste and shampoo too!

in 11 years in hk i've only bought toothpaste once...i usually bring 20 tubes back with me!
    If anyone ever goes to the Philippines, it has really cheap deodorant and toothpaste. I stock up there. It also has cheap disposable razors. All the top brands at cheap prices.

1. drink lots of fruit juices , eat fruits and veggies
    2. try the NIVEA for Men anti perspirant and also the NIVEA deodorant spray... prettyok. keep one in ur bag if u are away from ur room longer. Helps to stay fresh
    3. shower atleast twice, if not thrice a day.

Fart regularly it will cover the smell by another smell.
    Ok I'm out.

The Good Stuff

Hey Matt,

I've tried all the deodorants over here in China/HK and they just don't work.
    So whenever I go back to the USA I have to bring the good stuff back to HK
    Try Ban Unscented liquid roll-on. Also, buy it in the bigger bottle since HK is a distance from the USA. I swear this is the only thing that will work for me. I just came back from the USA with 4 bottles that will last me 6 or 7 months in HK. I have female friends that make a point to tell me they missed my clean smell while I was gone. LOL.
    Give it a try, it comes in a funky looking lime green colored bottle.

- drink more water (a gallon a day should be fine)
    - change the diet
    - wear a T-shirt under the shirt
    - leave the jacket in HK or in the suitcase
    - change t-shirt and shirt daily (take a fresh one every day)
    - no coffee when going to China

I found, the smell gets less if I don't use any deo. And if I don't stay in an aircon room for at least an hour after taking a shower in the morning, I start sweating as soon as I leave home and I'm dripping wet when reaching the bus.

i hv a coworker who's a local and she has not-so-faint BO and may not realize it. has anybody had such an experience? how do you suggest to them kindly that maybe they can try using some deo? i dont think such a practice is common to locals.

try an anonymous gift basket from body shop...with all the necessities in it.