Like Tree12Likes

sleeping with Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Funny, society functioned well before we had mobile phones, email, sms and all that jazz...

I haven't answered a phone call yet this year. That's what voice mails, emails and sms are for... My phone is on permanent mute and I sleep like a baby every night.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    I sleep like a baby every night.
    What wake every 2 hours, piss yourself, demand to suck on a nipple?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What wake every 2 hours, piss yourself, demand to suck on a nipple?
    Sounds like an expat's life to me.

Funny, society functioned well before we had mobile phones, email, sms and all that jazz...

I haven't answered a phone call yet this year. That's what voice mails, emails and sms are for... My phone is on permanent mute and I sleep like a baby every night.
    Oh you are our Brave Little Hero gilles. The bright shining light in this macabre horror that is decrepit Hong Kong with all of its immorality and poor quality sleep.

I have a blackberry but I certainly don't look at it or answer phone calls overnight! I have it auto-set to switch off at 11pm and on at 7am!

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    Oh you are our Brave Little Hero gilles. The bright shining light in this macabre horror that is decrepit Hong Kong with all of its immorality and poor quality sleep.
    That's a funny place you live in... Forgot your meds today or are you drinking early again?

Wow, that's funny. Got anymore from your days playing the back end of a horse on the vaudeville circuit?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I have a blackberry but I certainly don't look at it or answer phone calls overnight! I have it auto-set to switch off at 11pm and on at 7am!
    i just dont understand why people equate blackberry with hard work and no sleep. its a phone...thats all.

thats like me saying...i cant sleep and my rosie palm and her 5 friends are chafed because i have an iphone. the chafing may be true...but it has nothing to do with an iphone.

blackberrys do have silent switches, and they can be turned off, and most of all, you do have the ability to ignore work and get sleep.

learn to prioritize, not blame your life's inadequacies on a device.

btw...not directed at Moving...but others who have blamed lack of sleep or life on their blackberry.
    Last edited by BenderBends; 11-08-2010 at 11:21 AM.

I thought we were still in a time where humans controlled technology and not the other way around.

There are plenty of people who like posing with all their toys and seem to think they look more important if they're constantly on the said toy...

There are plenty of people who like posing with all their toys and seem to think they look more important if they're constantly on the said toy...
    Perhaps an ipad or iphone4. Can't see anyone who thinks they look cool on a blackberry. Some of us use our blackberries as a means to leave the office while still in the middle of work and still be contactable - in other words use the technology for positive purposes not negative ones or 'posing'.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast