hong kong's effect on hair?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hong kong's effect on hair?

i've been living here for a few months now, and i am noticing a few things about my hair.
    1. it is growing extraordinarily fast (much faster than before- i had to get my hair cut twice last month)
    2. it has changed texture- first it got kind of gross feeling, now it is feeling thin
    3. it has changed color- it is MUCH lighter than it was before i moved. it used to be a very dark half-asian-almost-black hair color, now it's like... medium brown.

has anyone else noticed a hair difference??

part of that is attributable to UV exposure. the tropical sunlight out here is intense!

hair greys faster here i feel

My hair has started going grey here too. I thought it was the local girls driving me nuts, but my boss said its something in the water that makes everyones hair go grey. Leave HK, it goes back to normal.

lol mines lighter n thinner here too - i just came back from the states (after 2 mmonths there) n my mum was like wwo..ure hair loks so much healthier! (gimme a few days n i'll b back to normal unhealthy hair! haha)

as for growth.....hmm..i guess it does grow fast....but it just STOPS after a certain length!! how do i get it longer???

You cannot find ONE SINGLE supplier of semipermanent hair colour here. You are forced to go to a salon for something that washes out in 3 weeks and pay 600.00 for.

I just had my mom mail 2 boxes from the states for me. Cost with shipping, a total of $149.00. I cannot wait to use it this eve.

There are no roots with semipermanent which is why I love it.
    I am told locals won't spend money for semi perm, they want more perceived value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Lillico:
    We tested the water in three locations throughout HK and they all registered the chlorine content of a normal swimming pool within a few percentages.

!!!!!!!!

who else is alarmed by this?? what effect does this have on skin/teeth/stomach etc?

wow! thanks guys! so much information!

now i know why my hair keeps getting lighter even after dying it black several times since i've been back! grrr!

Boy, I'm glad that I'm not the only one whose Asian hair got thinner and lighter. I first thought I had hormone problems.

Although the weather is far more humid than in Europe my hair is dryer here, so I need to get power moisture shampoo. Usually I use Bed Head or Sebastian. And conditioner is a must against all that frizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Lillico:
    it sounds like the guys who drive Corvettes in the states and where gold chains...

I think the term you are looking for is "Gino" not metro sexual. And they drive IROC's, not vettes. "Italian Retard Out Cruising"

I'm not that much into my hair, I just want to find a product that will strip out the chlorine and leave it feeling not so brittle.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast