Need to buy specific electronic items!

Closed Thread

Need to buy specific electronic items!

I'm posting this in the 'general' forum, as opposed to Technology, in the hope that this gets a better viewing in the short timescale!

I live in Phuket, Thailand, but am coming to HK for a couple of days for business.

However, I also want to try to locate some specific electronic items that I have been unable to buy in Phuket.

Perhaps someone can suggest a shop where I might be lucky enough to buy them??

1 - Remote controlled domestic lighting. These consist of a handheld remote control unit which controls the power supply to either a light fitting or some other mains appliance, such as a fan unit. The 'slave' switching unit either fits directly into the light socket, or is a hard-wired 'box' that is simply placed in the power supply line.

I have found a UK company that supplies these, but I would think that similar units are manufactured out here in Asia.

2 - Satellite TV reception equipment for hotel use. I am talking about distribution amplifiers, combining amplifiers and multiple satellite receivers in a single unit or rack-mount unit.

Any advice where I might locate these items is very much appreciated!

Simon

what's your budget

we have a B&O remote that works the lights (infrared receiver attached to the wall) as well as the stereo, TV et al, but B&O will cost you.

I'd recommend you do your research on alibaba.com / tdctrade.com

TDC has a service which you can use to find manufacturers / agents of a given widget.

Most of the manufacturers will have an agent / trader or distributor doing business in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkerhead:
    we have a B&O remote that works the lights (infrared receiver attached to the wall) as well as the stereo, TV et al, but B&O will cost you.

Well, I need about 40 of these remote controls...... Planning on spending maybe around $1000 US

Simon