Like Tree2Likes

HK graveyards

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    What about the fish balls?
    What do you think they do with all the bits of foreskin cut off from the circumcisions?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What do you think they do with all the bits of foreskin cut off from the circumcisions?
    That's just offal!

then with what do they make cheese?!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    then with what do they make cheese?!
    Melamine. filler

The OP is new to Hong Kong but I really like the way he's planning ahead.

m4nn likes this.

One of the bizarre things in HK - everyone wants a lovely place to store the remains of their dead relatives but not near them because it phuqs the fung shui and thus impacts on property prices - but because no one wants a columbarium in their back yard the price of a box in one is going up and it's a good business to be in.

If anyone has a dead relative they need getting rid of - drop me a PM, I've got a gas fired kiln in Dongguan and I reckon preserving a relative as a nice piece of bone china and drinking from them at parties and stuff is a great way to show respect. I can add decal decoration 'The Worlds Best Grandma' or such too.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    there are no more traditional graveyards (me thinks) in hk. most of the dead end up as ashes and stored in columbariums and/or temples... unless of course you're designated as a hero then you get buried in the heroes cemetery.

standing up ? - well that's the same thing as being packed inside the lift so i guess it's no big deal being buried standing up.
    Actually there are still people being buried the traditional way except that it's usually for a duration of 10 years. Of course it's a lot more costly. The family then has to go and identify the remains which are then burned and put in the jar and the cubicle. Never heard of people being buried vertically.

Did you visit a Muslim cemetary - because vertical burial takes place in Islam - Al-Lahed and Al-Shaqq. ?

I'm afraid I don't hang out at muslim cemeteries. Just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    I'm afraid I don't hang out at muslim cemeteries. Just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen...
    Just have to save this quote, just incase you retract it.
    It appears that it could possibly imply that you could be either wrong, or don't know everything.

There is a first time for everything