7 35.00%
  • No

13 65.00%

Hong Kong too Polluted for Some Expats

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

[QUOTE=z754103;114020]

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    While nuke plants are a lot safer than they were a few years ago, I am not sure I would trust the Chinese to build one. QUOTE]

You've heard of Daya Bay nuclear plant, right? (Just making sure you sleep well at night! :-))
    I didn't say they haven't built them, I just don't trust that they build them safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest:
    The majority of the problem lies not with pollution created in Hong Kong, but our neighbor to the north. The smoggy skies are a result of the factories in southern Guangdong. You might say it is their fault, but most of the factories are run by HK and Taiwanese companies, and most of the goods are bought overseas in the First World. However, pollution controls in the mainland are very weak. The mainland has to clean its act up too, but the problem lies with everyone.
    Unfortunately, relying on factory owners to clean up of their own free will and accord never works. The government will have to force all of them to stop; and they can't just talk about stopping it and then wink at everyone who keeps doing it.

[QUOTE=Sleuth;114204]

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:

I didn't say they haven't built them, I just don't trust that they build them safely.
    I know you didn't. Just trying to focus your worries onto our local friendly nuclear power plant.

[QUOTE=z754103;114020]

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:

You've heard of Daya Bay nuclear plant, right? (Just making sure you sleep well at night! :-))
    Wasn't Daya Bay built by the French and then operated for 10 years by the French to teach the local operators?

The French build safe plants, no worries with their nuke plant.

Some Lily Wong cartoons on the Daya Bay plant to cheer everyone up : http://http://www.lilywong.net/lilyw.../arc990201.htm

Oakland, California and Shatin, Hong Kong

We'll be fine as long as there isn't a Chinese version of Homer Simpson.

lol....AIYAAAAAAAA!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4