Like Tree4Likes

Noise level : 3 Jackhammers everyday, what to do?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Noise level : 3 Jackhammers everyday, what to do?

Hi all,

The noise level in my apartment is unbearable. I live and work from home. The apartment downstairs is doing renovations and they are using 3 Jackhammers covering various areas in the apartment. Not to forget other drilling and hammering noise.

I called the EPA and apparently they allow any type of construction as long as its from 7am - 7pm. This is a residential building, there should be some noise code!!

What should I do? Please HELP!

Buy earplugs...go shopping

Nothing you can do, the information given to you by the EPA is correct. One of the reasons I moved out of a human warehouse years ago.

Go to your local library and work from there. Free internet connection available if required.

invest on a noise cancellation headphones and plug in to mp3/ipod, even better buy sony nwz-a840 series or nwz-x1050 with built in noise cancellation, great for low frequency sound and piece and quiet without deafening your ears with loud music, possibly even listen classical with these.

alternatively, invest of decent home cinema kit or hifi and blast nu metal or something irritating for few hours as retailation.

This is unheard of. I have lived in London, NYC etc.. never faced something like this. There are usually noise codes for these things.

Gotta love Honkers!

Go and see the builders and see how long they are going to be doing this.
    Alternatively, go to the security/front desk and ask about it - they would know how long construction is going to be for. It could be a day, it could be a month.

Quote Originally Posted by sstella24:
    This is unheard of. I have lived in London, NYC etc.. never faced something like this.
    Dont people in London or NYC renovate their apartments?

Its ~6 to ~8 months. Tearing down the whole apartment.

People in NYC and London DO NOT use Jackhammers in residential building. They have a noise code.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast