Australian Federal Election

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    After Gillard called the election, you had exactly 1 day to get yourself on or off the roll. Then it closed. From memory she called it over a weekend and then you had until 8pm on the Monday to update the roll.
    OK - then that confirms it was not just me being slow them ... I just assumed the email was a "reminder" just before it closed ... obviously not!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    Its easier for me to head down the street to vote at the consulate. Has anyone been recently? Heard there were big queues.
    I was in and out within 15 mins, no queues whatsoever. It will probably be chaos there tomorrow though.

How NMA sees the election

Watch ABC's live coverage here. It looks like a hung parliament.

Australia Votes - 2010 Federal Election - ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Shit that is close. Who are the independents likely to go with?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Shit that is close. Who are the independents likely to go with?
    The Coalition, with the Greens supporting the ALP.

So a coalition gov't dependent on the independents. Can't see that lasting long.

If that undercover Catholic Priest becomes the new PM, then I don't know what's gonna happen to the children. Bush had his No Child Left Behind policy, well Australia is gonna have a No Child's Behind Left policy.

Whichever minority government gets in its looks like a mighty task to accomodate the fairly disparate objectives of the Independents not to mention getting their support when broader interest legislation needs to be passed. It may not be the best thing for the economy to have it run by committee.
    Posted via Mobile Device