OUCH!! Lower back pain!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I would still recommend a Chiropractor. Safe and no medicines, the treatment worked for me well and my backache is gone. ( i had a dislodged t10 on my spine last year ).

all the best....ash

back pain..........

Ok
    I slipped a disk a few years ago (L4) Couldn't walk for months, let alone dance (???)

Problem solved with Pilates and rest.

I have since started yoga – as somebody mentioned, back pain at times does relate to tight hamstrings. Also Yoga develops strength. Particularly the stomach that supports the lower back and spine. (Go to Pure, no questions…)

Now if I suffer any pain, here's what I do.

Massage and "cupping" treatment. I go to Goa Massage on Caine Road - ask for Fai. He is fantastic; a treatment is around $230.

I go and have a spa and sauna - loosens muscles so that bones can go back into place.

keep moving, lengthen out, relax and take a deep breath la

b2.

Forgot about the stomach. A lot of lower back pain is caused by weak stomach muscles because the stomach balances the back; like the quadricep balances the hamstring. If you over (or under) develop one of those two leg muscles it will cause problems with the other one.

At the risk of repeating myself - and sounding like a born again chiropractor user...

I would recommend a choripractor. Go straight to the source. For years I have been going to yoga, tried Alexander technique, massage, deep tissue massage, acupunture, reiki, cupping, ultrasound, Physio etc. All though they all help, nothing provided a long term solution.

This guy sorted me out to no end - I know he has funky new computers in his office but he is very good and explains everything.

dr ling
    1009, 10th floor
    37 queen's road central
    2234 9898

Chiropractors are a bit scary at first but I feel better (even got rid of the migraines...)

good luck. Hope all goes well for you!

Smile Thanks!!!

Thanks everyone for so much helpful advice!!

I'm not even sure where to begin. Since I am fairly new here, it could be a number of things, especially since diet has changed and have been in the gym a lot.

I will come back in a few months and reveal what worked for me in hopes that it will help someone else as well.

Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Girl 28:

I'm not even sure where to begin. Since I am fairly new here, it could be a number of things, especially since diet has changed and have been in the gym a lot.

I will come back in a few months and reveal what worked for me in hopes that it will help someone else as well.

Thanks again!!!

hi! let me know how you get on, cos my lower back is also starting to really ache how much do typical Chiropractors charge?

since I bought a decent mattress, I haven't had a sore back.
    well worth the money invested!
    I was used to having a softer mattress

shop around and check out the sales - get one that suits you and your partner.
    give them a bit of a test drive

remember - you spend about 30% of your life sleeping

i've never been to a chiropactor, what do they do ? realign your bones ? maybe I need one soon.

wat I have been to is a very interesting chinese sensei (i.e. traditional medicine doctor).
    This guy is a down to earth fellow that tookover a clinic from his master and kept the old name for 16 years. He learnt the traditional chinese medicine, then went further to understudy some muscle/bone western doctors.

Each session I go to, he would
    - realign the bones (including the spine, ribs, arm socket, hip socket, etc) back into the original spot/socket.
    - use medication to rub/break down the bad muscle growth that form after injuries (i.e. sport injuries, or pulled muscles carrying heavy stuffs)...
    - use suction to float the bad blood of the body from the muscles to the surface, where your body wld naturally carry them away.
    - by just touching your back muscles, he can roughly guess where u had injury, etc.

he also does acupuncture for the more severe cases.

unfortunately this sensei is in singapore, so i usually try to book an appointment with him each time i go back. these days his appointment book can be filled like 1 week ahead... 8-(

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Girl 28:

Thanks again!!!
    Try Kama Sutra.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    i've never been to a chiropactor, what do they do ? realign your bones ? maybe I need one soon.

wat I have been to is a very interesting chinese sensei (i.e. traditional medicine doctor).
    This guy is a down to earth fellow that tookover a clinic from his master and kept the old name for 16 years. He learnt the traditional chinese medicine, then went further to understudy some muscle/bone western doctors.

Each session I go to, he would
    - realign the bones (including the spine, ribs, arm socket, hip socket, etc) back into the original spot/socket.
    - use medication to rub/break down the bad muscle growth that form after injuries (i.e. sport injuries, or pulled muscles carrying heavy stuffs)...
    - use suction to float the bad blood of the body from the muscles to the surface, where your body wld naturally carry them away.
    - by just touching your back muscles, he can roughly guess where u had injury, etc.

he also does acupuncture for the more severe cases.

unfortunately this sensei is in singapore, so i usually try to book an appointment with him each time i go back. these days his appointment book can be filled like 1 week ahead... 8-(
    I'm seeing this guy at PI. He seems pretty decent. My back is heaps better and shoulders aren't too sore as well. Been to him twice still hoping to make sure that my back ache will completely go....He cracks my back and re align my back too. Although the cracking sounds can be scary at times!
    Last edited by sunniefaith; 23-10-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast