Almond Milk - where to buy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Almond Milk - where to buy?

Anyone know where to buy almond milk in Hong Kong? Recently I've had to change my diet and can't have either cow's milk or soya milk. So, looking for all "nut" alternatives. I know I can make it at home, but it's a bit of a pain. In Europe the Evernat brand is popular, but haven't seen it here anywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by nina_70:
    Anyone know where to buy almond milk in Hong Kong? Recently I've had to change my diet and can't have either cow's milk or soya milk. So, looking for all "nut" alternatives. I know I can make it at home, but it's a bit of a pain. In Europe the Evernat brand is popular, but haven't seen it here anywhere....
    In Central/Sheung Wan, there is a store. I can't remember the name, but I know they have a small green and white sign, with a leaf on it, and the title includes "Nature". If you are on the main street, where the tram runs (can't remember the name) it is on the south side of that. You will need to take the elevator up to the 9th floor, or something like that. I know this is vague, but its the best I can do. They have a large selection of health food (for HK) and other alternative products. Good luck!

There's a health food shop on the opposite side of the road to the Pizza Express next door to the escalator. I can't remember the name now. Its not American Nutrition but the other one. I think its next door to a Thai food restaurant.

Thanks everyone! I will give those places a try. Yesterday I found Oat milk at Sogo which I can use until I find the nut versions.

That would be Nature's Village, JBest!

For those interested, none of the major health food shops carry "fresh" almond milk in Hong Kong (at least none of the 10 or so that I've looked in). You can get powdered almond milk at some stores. The fresh non-soya alternatives are rice milk & oat milk (made by Pure Harvest or So Natural).

Rice Milk - at Wellcome super-stores (So Natural brand)
    Oat Milk - at Gourmet + Sogo + some health stores (Pure Harvest brand)
    Powdered Almond milk - below shop has it...

Green Concepts
    2nd floor, prosperous comm. bldg
    54-58 Jardine's Bazaar
    Causeway Bay
    www.healthshop.com.hk
    (they also carry rice & oat milk...)

Quick update for those of you who've been pining for almond milk. I found it today at Oliver's in Prince's Building!
    They sell Blue Diamond Almond Breeze in original, chocolate & vanilla versions.

Just in case anyone was interested...

How about making your own? I've seen my mom making it before. She swears by the health benefits of almonds!

http://homecooking.about.com/cs/atoz...lmond_milk.htm

Hey Im not sure if you guys are still looking for it but i saw almond milk in citysuper!

I saw it at ParkNShop

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast