Like Tree54Likes

Discrimination of DHs - use of apartment block facilities

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

I think a few of the posters here must be related to Bagel.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I really hope you are not suggesting helpers might have more diseases? This post is so Mrs Bouquet it is funny.
    Why do people insist on being overly sensitive and reading too much into anything being said? Your sense of insecurity and defensiveness are misplaced. I stated "more people" (NOT "more helpers") and that would include the group named by Mike - nannies, tutors, helpers, drivers, dog walkers, butlers and whatever.

i also dont want DH's using the same bus as me on PI. Why should i pay to use the bus at same rate as a DH, and why should she get a seat and not me? its not fair. we should build separate bus systems so that I do not have to look at another disease infested DH who is lowering the value of my transit.

Quote Originally Posted by paenme:
    Why do people insist on being overly sensitive and reading too much into anything being said? Your sense of insecurity and defensiveness are misplaced. I stated "more people" (NOT "more helpers") and that would include the group named by Mike - nannies, tutors, helpers, drivers, dog walkers, butlers and whatever.
    How am I being insecure and defensive? Please explain. I don't even use the facilities in our complex myself so I don't give a fig whether the DHs can use it. I do find it strange that the DHs who are supposed to be looking after the kids have to stand outside and look through the fence, defeats the purpose of having them really.

Well - our dh has a residents card and so far no issues apart from when she wasn't allowed to supervise the kids at the pool (whilst me and Strife were working). I went a bit troppoh and that sorted the problem.
    Fair comments about where to draw the line on which staff could use the facilities.

I think the point most management committees would take is that the facilities, including common areas are the facilities for the residents. Not staff. Which frankly - is fair.

If it's a case of supervising kids at the pool - I think that's bleedin' obvious - but the staff employed by most residential complexes rarely show initiative - shit scared of being canned for breaking the rules.

Last edited by Load Toad; 21-08-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    i also dont want DH's using the same bus as me on PI. Why should i pay to use the bus at same rate as a DH, and why should she get a seat and not me? its not fair. we should build separate bus systems so that I do not have to look at another disease infested DH who is lowering the value of my transit.
    My dear boy, one doesn't use such things as buses, mixing with all those common people. That is why one has a driver.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    My dear boy, one doesn't use such things as buses, mixing with all those common people. That is why one has a driver.
    yeah...but then i have to share a car with my driver...ugh, how middle class....

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    That was one of the worst analogies I've ever seen, honestly.
    BenderBends likes this.

Why not walk but with an air of superiority and grace as befits a gentleman?

..with a well rolled umbrella.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast