Living in West Kowloon (The Cullinan) and need part time Amah. . . .

Closed Thread

Living in West Kowloon (The Cullinan) and need part time Amah. . . .

Hello!!

I just moved over from London and am living in The Cullinan (new development above Kowloon Airport Express Station). I am looking for some home help but I live on my own so do have the need for a full time live in Amah - as that seems a little over the top for just me.

Ideally I would like someone to come in for a couple of hours per day for example to clean/iron/feed cats.

Is it normal for 2 people to share an Amah? Is there a way to hire a Part Time Amah - it seems from the reading i have done they are all full time?

Does anyone live in The Cullinan / Habour View / The Arch / Sorrento for example and have an Amah that would be available for such duties and we could share the cost?

The building I live in has Home Smart who currently clean my flat but they are super expensive and they refuse to feed the cats! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!!

LJ

You can only hire a foreign maid as full-time. Hiring foreing maids part-time is subject to HK$100,000fine. Your friends and neighbours would not report to the government, but the maids' friends may do.

I hire a local part-time maid, but I don't think it is any much cheaper than Home Smart although my maid can do many different things. She is hired from another local agency. I personally think Home Smart is not super expensive. Can you hire clearners for the same price in London?

You get what you pay for in Hong Kong. Money does also a lot here. Being cheap can be silly.

I use Merrymaids - reasonably priced and pretty good.

Hello, we are moving to The Cullinan next month on October 15th. Please shoot me a separate email so we see about working something out: [email protected]. Thanks. B