Woman in Black

Closed Thread

Woman in Black

Hi

Has anyone been to see this? I'm thinking of getting tickets but had heard a couple of bad reviews, so if anyone has been to see it please let me know if you thought it was any good?
    thanks

Rachel

I saw last Saturday's matinee. My overall opinion was that it was fun to watch the actors go through their paces. But I didn't think it was particularly scary. Without giving away the secrets, the scares were of the "jump out of the dark with a flashlight under your face" variety. But if you enjoy good acting and spooky atmosphere, you will probably enjoy the play.

my girl friend watched it and said it was a total waste of money. she's local but speaks fluent english but maybe she doesnt get british humor so she basically fell asleep. i have not heard of this show previously so i dont have any comments. i'm canadian and i love british humor so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by beafan:
    my girl friend watched it and said it was a total waste of money. she's local but speaks fluent english but maybe she doesnt get british humor so she basically fell asleep. i have not heard of this show previously so i dont have any comments. i'm canadian and i love british humor so who knows.
    Humour?It's not supposed to be funny - it's a scary play. A very, very, spooky scary play too - though I've only ever seen it in the UK, so can't comment on a HK version.

I'm mystified how anyone could sleep through that play considering what happens in it.

Jen

My friend and I enjoyed it a lot (unexpectedly) when we saw it in the UK. Good stagecraft and suspense building.

Quote Originally Posted by jenifa:
    Humour?It's not supposed to be funny - it's a scary play. A very, very, spooky scary play too - though I've only ever seen it in the UK, so can't comment on a HK version.

I'm mystified how anyone could sleep through that play considering what happens in it.

Jen
    yeah she told me it wasnt scary at all and maybe it was supposed to be funny but didnt get british humour. so i thought it was a comedy lol

not funny nor scary...just two dudes and a woman in black.

don't go for the acting. don't go if you want to be scared. do go if you need a nap or if you want to see an invisible dog.