Who's the troll?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

actually running a forum biz is never easy. no businesses require the biz owner to be so close to the 'clients' .. and like every thing, one is bound to get complaining and demanding and ridiculous client.

at the end of the day, users have to recognize that this is a business. it just happened to be open to public as a forum. unfortunately i think many people failed to understand that.

if freedom of speech is needed, the best is to set up one's own website to proclaim everythign he/she wants to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    Yes, it does. So why not say outright you are the owner? It would make things easier.
    Dude you really have too much free time....
    Take a beer and relax. Getting excited and all is not good for your heart (yes I do care for you well-being) so just take it easy...and if you are not happy about the answers you get or the behavior/decision of the owner of the site, then so be it: you registered, nobody forced you, so if you are not happy, nobody forces you to stay as well....
    Have a nice day,
    Mat

>> So why not say outright you are the owner? It would make things
    >> easier.

Make it easier for who?

>> freedom of speech is needed

Rarely needed .. often wanted.

Other than the fact that I own the site .. why am I on this thread and whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Unamerican?

To define that, you need to define what is *american*.
    Well, let's take an example.

Americans take offense about happenings in far away places, like when someone is arrested for saying something.

If someone says something to them they don't like in their own house or forum, they kick him out.

It's just business they say.

Above is (for my understanding) typical american.

In an Internet forum it is quite common that people with differing opinions are named deviant. (In real life people get called communist or queer), in the forum someone is a troll or anything other supposedly bad and undesirable.

So, when people kick out those who do not belong, the forum society becomes pure. Purity or uniformity being measured in green and red dots.

And, of course, as nobody is forced to be here, banning someone (in China's real life that's called exiling), is appropriate to keep everything clean and pure.

>> If someone says something to them they don't like in their own
    >> house or forum, they kick him out.

So I'm being unamerican by keeping you here?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> If someone says something to them they don't like in their own
    >> house or forum, they kick him out.

So I'm being unamerican by keeping you here?

I don't think you are keeping me here for long.

The thread with the inconvenient question is closed, this one will be closed soon.

Let's start another thread where we will be all wondering when it will be closed. It's much more fun and also meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Take a beer and relax. Getting excited and all is not good for your heart (yes I do care for you well-being)
    Have a nice day,
    Mat
    Well, thanks. but my heart is fine. The problem might be the lungs.

10 years ago the doc told me to get out of China after he looked at my X-rays because the air is so bad there. I did, and now the air in Hong Kong is as bad as in China.

And when I ask why nobody else cares about breathing this air, I'm told I'm insulting and a troll.

So that's why my question: Who is the real troll here?

(Maybe it's me, because this site caters to expats and is not interested in scaring them away from Hong Kong.)

>> I don't think you are keeping me here for long.

Leaving Hong Kong?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast