Who's paranoid and deviant?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who's paranoid and deviant?

Expats in Hong Kong profit from production in China. Production in China is taking place because the costs are lower - costs for labour, environmental protection, protection of the life of workers and residents.

So, we can't possibly be interested in raising the living standard in China to European or American levels. This would negate the necessity of us being here and jeopardise our jobs here in this city.

So, in the end we participate in harming ourselves and our loved ones because we are afraid of not getting enough money in order to support ourselves and our loved ones. We accept bribes to keep our mouth shut.

Or even shorter: we shorten our life because we are afraid of not being able to lead a long life. We commit suicide because we are not sure about the future.

Isn't that paranoid?

However, anybody who asks why we continue doing this, is accused of being paranoid and deviant.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    If the deviant is an individual differing from the uniform masses, ...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for asking stupid questions.

u are losing it. its not much of a trolling thread. too philosophical

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    Expats in Hong Kong profit from production in China. Production in China is taking place because the costs are lower - costs for labour, environmental protection, protection of the life of workers and residents.
    So, we can't possibly be interested in raising the living standard in China to European or American levels. This would negate the necessity of us being here and jeopardise our jobs here in this city.
    Some profit (not only expat and not all expat)...again a bold stataement of yours...

I know of some chinese who do enjoy and profit a lot from the lower cost... I also know of some expat who do not really benefit from it.

You should stop separating Expat/Local and just say WE HK PEOPLE

I also have a friend who runs a factory just across the border because the labour costs are lower. And my friend is local Chinese and has never used GeoExpat (I hope).

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    You should stop separating Expat/Local and just say WE HK PEOPLE

Exactly, share the love! Whoo Hoooo!

Okay people, group hug!

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    u are losing it. its not much of a trolling thread. too philosophical
    So, your assumption is, the purpose of the thread is trolling.

What if your assumption is wrong?

then i am a troll myself. so the final result is trollers trolling. whether the OP or the followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Some profit (not only expat and not all expat)...again a bold stataement of yours...

I know of some chinese who do enjoy and profit a lot from the lower cost... I also know of some expat who do not really benefit from it.

I said "Expats profit". That is like "Plants need water".

It does not say "non-expats don't profit" (or non-plants don't need water).

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    I also have a friend who runs a factory just across the border because the labour costs are lower. And my friend is local Chinese and has never used GeoExpat (I hope).
    Interesting, but only relevant in so far as there is a certain group of people with a peculiar behaviour, some of them expats.

The other interesting thing so far in the discussion is, that everyone tries to not to discuss the question. Either because he doesn't understand it or intentionally. Both motives should tell us something. Maybe.
    Last edited by Expatriate; 26-10-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    Interesting, but only relevant in so far as there is a certain group of people with a peculiar behaviour, some of them expats.
    Uhmm so remind me ... what was the point of your original post?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast