How Cold Does HK Get ?

Closed Thread

How Cold Does HK Get ?

Hi Boys and Girls !

I will be in HK for the period of Nov through to Mid Dec.

How cold will HK be?

You reckon my suit (blazer + shirt) will keep me warm?

I'll be flying up soon so assistance would be useful so I know how to pack!

Rmy

P.S.: Anyone here aged 18-22? I'd love to meet up and hang out ~

It gets colder in Jan/Feb but when I am in HK December 2nd I expect to be walking around in shirt sleeves in the evening.

To a UK person the start of December is a very comfortable time of year.

But then at New Year the Chinese are wrapped up like they are in Siberia and I am in a light jacket.

I take it that "Flying up" means you are in Singapore or the like, so Hong Kong will be cooler but nice.

Tony

I would say the temp should be around 15/20 on the low end during December. 65%-70% Humidity.

Really depends where u are from how you will feel about it though.

BTW keep your eye on meet and greet for activities. There is Horse Racing on November 7. If you will be around by November 11. I am having a happy hour in LKF.

Um, actually depends very much on WHEN in December. End of December can get QUITE cold. Around NYE 2004/05 it was almost freezing (single digit degrees centigrade several nights - colder considerign wind chill factor).
    As a warm/hot weather person myself I certainly will not be seen without a jacket and scarf anytime during December (already wearing a jacekt most of the time right now) - but depends on your preferences.

Last edited by beachball; 29-10-2006 at 09:50 PM.

not cold at all.
    depends on where you come from tho.

i am a hk chinese, but i have lived in boston for the past 7 years.

i usually have my a/c on at night when i am in hong kong for christmas. to me, it can get kinda hot when walking down the street in causeway bay.

winter in hk = summer in boston at night

it depends a LOT upon whether the building you are living/working in has central heating - many of them don't. Last year I was teaching whilst wearing a massive winter coat and scarf - although it was about 10 degrees centigrade.
    I REALLY feel the cold though, despite coming from the north of England!