MOT testing centre Kowloon Bay

Closed Thread

MOT testing centre Kowloon Bay

My MOT's due. Anyone know the place in Kowloon Bay where I can take my car directly to do the test?

Cheers
    Vissnz

There is a testing centre in To Kwa Wan but I am not sure if that is for new (ie first registration) vehicles only.

http://www.td.gov.hk/FileManager/EN/...cartesting.pdf

The last time around we took the car, it failed because on visual inspection, a rubber gasket was broken -- too the car next door to a mechanic who charged about $250 to fix, took the car back and it was certified in an hour.

Thanks for the info. So if I go directly to one of the designated centres I will only need to pay around $600 for the inspection (not including any additional work that may need to be done)?

Had some vague and expensive quotes from one or two garages..so though I might try and go straight into one of the testing centres..
    The best idea?

hi,

you can just drive into any of the testing centres in hong kong and pay the $600 for the MOT. not sure how crowded the kowloon bay one is but i use the one in yuen long which is run by toyota and it takes 30 minutes.
    don't forget to take your vehicle registration.
    if there are problems with your car, the mot centre will not have facilities for repair.
    if you take your car to an independant garage, they will most likely charge around 1k to drive your car to the mot centre so save your money and drive it there yourself.

Thanks guys. This will save me at least $800.
    Help is appreciated.

The most sincere form of appreciation in my books is cold, hard cash.