Soundproofing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hmm... If you have a hollow wooden door, then perhaps you could drill some holes along an edge and inject expanding foam insulation into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I put those strips around three edges of my front door. They are the ones that come in a roll and you peel off the backing. Are made by 3M and Scotch, come in white and brown and is very easy to fit.
    Where did you get them from?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

I'm interested in those too....where exactly do you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by beafan:
    anything for windows?
    try http://soundproofing.org/options_sou...or_windows.htm

Door Soundproofing

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I put those strips around three edges of my front door. They are the ones that come in a roll and you peel off the backing. Are made by 3M and Scotch, come in white and brown and is very easy to fit.

Made a massive difference - stopped almost all of the noise.
    Check out more info at:
    http://www.soundproofing.org/infopag...fing_doors.htm

BJ

You can ask your landlord and all other landlords in the building to rip out the flooring (tiles or wood), install some soundproofing material and add the flooring again. This will help against the "dropping pins" syndrome, the dragging-chairs, bowling and mahjongg noise from below and above.

Against the street noise you could ask your landlord to install double or triple pane windows. This will also help in reducing energy needs for heating and cooling.

Last but not least you might ask the landlord to add some polyester foam at the outside of the building for more sound and heat proofing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2