Portrait studios

Closed Thread

Portrait studios

Hello fellow expats!

I am looking for a photography studio that does portraits. Not like fancy ones or wedding ones. More like the ones at JC Penney's back home (in the States).

Basically we want to do a cheesy Christmas photo card for our families at home. In the States this is pretty popular. You go to a studio, they pose you in front of some fake Christmas setting, take a cheesy picture, and then you can make photo christmas cards with them.

Is there something like that in Hong Kong? Just wondering. Thanks!

B

PS - Also, something like that in Zhuhai or Shenzhen would even be better as I'm sure that's cheaper.

PS2 - OH! And if anyone has seen a place to get some cheesy Christmas sweaters. you know, the ones with big tacky Christmas trees or reindeer on them... hahaha I need them for our picture cards.

Last edited by lukbealaldy; 07-11-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Hiya,

Have a read through this thread:

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119495

You won't find JCPenny prices in HK. Not sure about across the border

Not sure if this is going to help but if you can't find a cheap photo studio what about those photo booths you get in shopping centres? You could wear your cheesy christmas outfits and then alter the background and decorate as you want. We have used them a few times Cos they are silly and fun but you get good results too. We are thinking of doing something similar- hope this helps!

Rani - thanks!

Twinkle - yeah you know I started thinking that we can just do it ourselves with Photoshop and our digi camera... Actually, if the background looks super fake that's even better! haha thanks for the suggestions.