6 days a week?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

how about the working hours?

Hi all~

What is the normal work hour in HK...?

9 to 5? like in north america...

I really don't know how anyone can stand to work more than 5 days a week....i know i cant stand it~~~

I'd say working 6 days is as common as working 5 days a week here, long hours though and not much annual leave.

And we have a major problem persuading most of our local staff to use their holiday allowance, even if it is only 15 days. They often ask if they could be paid in lieu.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by fiana:
    Hi all~

What is the normal work hour in HK...?

9 to 5? like in north america...

I really don't know how anyone can stand to work more than 5 days a week....i know i cant stand it~~~

I was still in office till 7-30pm (left a bit earlier than usual to start packing). Many Canadians don't realize how spoilt they are, while in Canada I should mention. And yet you (fiana) wish to come to HK, the land of long working hours? It's not yet August - so not too late yet! As for me, just two days before AC16 carries one to a much-needed break (call it vacation) in TO area, though I hit the ground running - Off to Monteal and QC on 401 the evening of the afternoon I land at Pearson - and it's my turn driving first!