anyone know where to repair wicker chairs in Hong Kong? many thanks

Closed Thread

anyone know where to repair wicker chairs in Hong Kong? many thanks

anyone know where to repair wicker chairs in Hong Kong? many thanks, it's common in europe and the states, can't seem to find anyone here though, can any one help, many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    anyone know where to repair wicker chairs in Hong Kong? many thanks, it's common in europe and the states, can't seem to find anyone here though, can any one help, many thanks
    what looks like wicker to me could be rattan, cane, different uses of bamboo etc., so I cannot be very helpful.

One way to research it is to find stores that sell it:
    The Wicker Furniture Directory

This place says it is located in HK: www.RattanWare.com - Rattan Core, Rattan Cane Webbing, Herringbone Rattan Mat, Reed Diffuser Sticks, Chair Cane, Paper Cane Webbing, Synthetic Resin Material, Bamboo Poles & Bamboo Wares.

In asia, a lot of repair and mfgr shops are shop-front family operations run on the ground floor of the building they live upstairs in. I find a lot of these places from the window of buses as I am going to other places. It is also true in Asia, as other regions, that entire industries will be located in a single neighborhood or street.
    Last edited by ig.consulting; 14-09-2010 at 07:34 PM.

There are a few shops on Queens Road East in Wanchai that make rattan furniture, could be a place to start