stop insulting my wife!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fly, LOL, no chance to prey, my wife keeps me on a very tight leash. Yes I sincerely hope so too. Hopefully they are both isolated incidents.

Shabby, sorry to hear you experienced that kind of thing too. Followed you around! LOL, hmmmm it's strange how some people waste their time isn't it.
    Yeah, if it weren't for the headlines in the newspaper the next day I would probably have done the same thing LOL.

Cheers people, you have cheered me up alot, now it's time to try to convince the wife........................... , Wish me luck!.

Ashton

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Well, letting her read through this thread for starters may be an idea.

"Fashionable young Chinese" as you said about your wife, sounds like she's a fine, beautiful lady. Then I guess that many people are just bitter and full of envy.

HKfella, is that allowed?, you know, non-expats reading stuff in an expat forum. Perhaps Mr moderator could clarify the situation for us?.

mejulian, she took the wind out of my friends sails back in England and I've had to shoo away others that were floating around expressing an interest both in England and China.

Asthon: First I feel sorry that you and your wife have encountered such a horrible experience (in here?) but at the same time if it happens in Hong Kong I am sure that the offender is either from mainland China (like in yout case) or that it represents only a very few of the Hong Kong people.

Also I don't like your generalization about "older people in China"
    It's true that, due to proverty, maybe many elderes in China didn't get education during their childhood but I am sure some of us do know how to respect others.

Please don't let this specific incidient to make your anger cloud over your rational thinking and go generlize about entire chinese popluation.

woh

DUDE CHILAX! STRESS LESS!!
    Why tha hell do u give a damn wut dese ppl fink ?

HKfella, is that allowed?, you know, non-expats reading stuff in an expat forum. Perhaps Mr moderator could clarify the situation for us?.
    hmm is this sarcasim ?

Anywayz who cares its just a stuiped internet person and non expeats can read expat stuff cus its just a website.

And does any one know wer Boom is in causeway bay ?

Dude why should you care what others think. Just ignore them. If you are happy with the way your wife dresses ..well then why care about the other losers. She is married to You...NOT THEM.

IMO people spend too much time worrying about how other people think about them.

a bit off topic, but I work in an office with about 55-60 women aged 19-28ish. Every single woman in this office refuses to date a chinese/ HK man. When asked why, they simply want to live in a "better" place and get things paid for them.

This attitude with young women is definitely not helping the older population's viewpoint about all women being prostitutes. The general consensus is that if a chinese (appearing) woman is with an expat, they automatically assume that she's a bar girl. Stupid assumption? you bet! Can you do anything to change it? No chance buddy.

ashton - you know that your wife is a respectable lady so dont worry about what other people think...you simply cannot do anything to change their attitude towards your wife.

ermmm...can someone close this thread please?!...