Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by DanielV:
    Amber warning now it is
    Says the HKO weather wiz
    Kids can't believe their eyes
    When they look into the skies

-by the Weather Dan. MrDan Web
    can you stop spamming your crappy site?
    btw...your site looks like it was made in 1992, well done.

What happens if theres a T8 on Thurs (HK Holiday), do we get a day in lieu?

Obviously...NOT! Private sector employers would be pleased as hell for something like a T8 falling on a Sunday or public holiday!
    Posted via Mobile Device

No, days off for T8 are for safety reasons. It's not a public holiday. And if T8 warning drops during day most companies require their staff to come in within a couple of hours.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    And if T8 warning drops during day most companies require their staff to come in within a couple of hours.
    Affirmative. I recall going in shortly after lunch last year or the year before that.

I think the days of T8 and no work are long gone. These days with cellphones/laptops/intranets/etc I bet a lot of people just work from home if they are any kind of white collar employee. Beats the office though that's for sure. It's not like in the year 2010 if there is a T8 your boss can't call you or you can't do work (unless you 'accidentally' switched your phone off and 'forgot' the laptop in the office...)

That's true, but some things will never change. There are still a lot of the old-school types that want you in the office as many hours as they can legally get away with. If it were up to some bosses, you'd have a 6.5 day work-week just trying to get in the maximum number of hours out of their staff without really assessing the productivity of the staff during those hours.

Figure out what will end up them up behind bars and then back it up a little from there is how some employers work I think. Or maybe I am the only one around here with a slave-driver for a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    That's true, but some things will never change. There are still a lot of the old-school types that want you in the office as many hours as they can legally get away with. If it were up to some bosses, you'd have a 6.5 day work-week just trying to get in the maximum number of hours out of their staff without really assessing the productivity of the staff during those hours.

Figure out what will end up them up behind bars and then back it up a little from there is how some employers work I think. Or maybe I am the only one around here with a slave-driver for a boss.
    couldnt agree more!

Original Post Deleted
    well... i saw 2 of his "poems" posted with his website promo ...with only 1 post separating them. to me....its a bit overkill promotion. if he wants to promote his site that badly he should pay Shri for advertising so that we can all ad-bloc his ass. without doing so...i have no way to ad-block his site

but yes...it was early when i posted it... on a day I should have been at home in bed with a T8. needless to say my emotional state was not well.
    Last edited by BenderBends; 21-09-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Dreadnought likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    but yes...it was early when i posted it... on a day I should have been at home in bed with a T8. needless to say my emotional state was not well.
    I feel your pain. At least it did not strike past midnight and downgrade at 0600 hrs this morning...there's one in the Western Pacific at the moment, let's see where that's going.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5