Aircon cleaning

Closed Thread

Aircon cleaning

I want to have my aircons cleaned and the filters changed. Can anyone recommend a person or company that will do this for a reasonable cost. I talked to a guy and he said he will charge HK$400 per aircon. With 5 aircons in the apt. I'd have to par HK$2000. Its those wall mounted air coolers actually.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by shwetapershad; 25-11-2006 at 12:52 PM.

And whose number is this?

I see. Thanks fed!

Air conditioning servicing

What is involved in the annual aircon clean process?.. I have two of the split unit jobs and two of the in-window units (which don't tend to get used so much).

It seems that the locals do the cleaning themselves.. any advice appreciated..

Fed/Shwetapershad was that number any good?

Didn't try the number.

I suppose one can do the cleaning themselves also. You need to change the filters and clean the rest of it. I think the hood comes off for that purpose. An expert can tell you better.

professional airconditioning cleaning (which u really should do at least once every 2 years) is much more involved than washing the filters.

i do not know the technical names, but the ducts, the chassis, fans, fins, whatever, they are all cleaned as well.

usually there is no need to clean the outdoors component of the split-type A/C (in fact, you might need permit from your estate managment office to do so).

$400 per indoor component is reasonable for a off-the-street cleaner. expect to pay double that for a cleaner from the manufacturer itself.